PDA

View Full Version : totaled my celica

lavy_gts
06-11-2005, 06:18 AM
well i totaled my celica tonight... fiackkkkkkkk, i made an illegal left hand turn, totally all my fault which i accepted right away, i felt bad because i turned right into on coming traffic and hit an 84 year old lady in a 90-93 sentra.... she felt really bad for me because i was more concerned about her then i was my car.. bonus points haha

I got charged with an illegal right hand turn, 3 points 110$ fine, and a 300$ ticket for not driving with my ownership papers... Wellllll my dad came to check me out and shit and just so happens he hired the cop ahaha so i got the ownership charge thrown out, and the 110$ fine dropped to an improper lane change and 50$

anyways i dont have collision so im going to get bum fucked on this one, so im just gonna use my student line of credit and pay for most of it.

fuck me up the pooper...

the damage looks to be -- pasenger fender... fucked, door fine, bumper fine, rim fooked, tire foooked, control arm royally fooked, paint fooked like a 13 year old slut, and well thats everything i could make out with the naked eye

just needed to vent

kyle

gunit

Slider
06-11-2005, 06:26 AM
Damn that blows but it sounds fixable. Did it still drive after the accident? Is the "frame" straight at least?

acidice333
06-11-2005, 06:34 AM
Can I have your 3sge if you decided to part it out? (;

Altho lucky you for getting away with those fines.

AllOutRed90
06-11-2005, 06:47 AM
serves you right, dont be such a bad driver...

acidice333
06-11-2005, 06:55 AM
He's a newb (:

MoralWarfare
06-11-2005, 07:21 AM
serves you right, dont be such a bad driver...
you're such a nice guy.

sucks that this happened lavy, but I guess there's a lesson to be learned :(

AllOutRed90
06-11-2005, 07:35 AM
whos a noob?

bitskyline
06-11-2005, 07:40 AM
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan that sux ass...... i almost got hit today too but i stoped once i saw the truck... i really got to pay more attention

AllOutRed90
06-11-2005, 08:05 AM
watch out for those old people! they pull out in front of me all the time...urgh!

BEAMS
06-12-2005, 01:33 AM
Hopefully other celica drivers, especially ones who own the 5th gen will learn from this. I feel you pain man, one more celica down. Sounds like you have most of the same damage i got, except yours is on the pass side, mines drivers.

I admit that im a complete idiot but at least I learned my lesson after my 1st accident 2 weeks ago. If you care about your car-
1, Save all the speeding for the track only, even at 2am in the morn shit can happen.
2 dont be a cheapo and get FULL coverage with extra coverage on all aftermarket parts, even if it cost 200-250 a month
o ya, and 3, esurance sucks @$$! Its nice to know that after you get in a wreck you have to listen to a dam recording on the phone for like 10 min before you can actually talk to someone. And also get AAA for tow, only $50 yr and well worth it.
I just got kind of lucky in a weird sort of way, by barely missing a u turn sign and only losing the left front wheel, control arm, and axle by hiting the curb.. Thanks to TAP recycling, and other bad/unlucky drivers, i can fix my poor celica.

alltracman78
06-12-2005, 02:01 AM
That sucks man. Definitly sounds fixable...
Hell, I think I have a control arm....

Just learn your lesson from it.
I had to a couple of years ago.

MoralWarfare
06-12-2005, 02:14 AM
this is the last time i'll say it.

poor '93 :(

alltracman78
06-12-2005, 05:39 AM
you talking to me, RI boy?

MoralWarfare
06-12-2005, 06:01 AM
yup :)

lavy_gts
06-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Hopefully other celica drivers, especially ones who own the 5th gen will learn from this. I feel you pain man, one more celica down. Sounds like you have most of the same damage i got, except yours is on the pass side, mines drivers.

I admit that im a complete idiot but at least I learned my lesson after my 1st accident 2 weeks ago. If you care about your car-
1, Save all the speeding for the track only, even at 2am in the morn shit can happen.
2 dont be a cheapo and get FULL coverage with extra coverage on all aftermarket parts, even if it cost 200-250 a month
o ya, and 3, esurance sucks @$$! Its nice to know that after you get in a wreck you have to listen to a dam recording on the phone for like 10 min before you can actually talk to someone. And also get AAA for tow, only $50 yr and well worth it.
I just got kind of lucky in a weird sort of way, by barely missing a u turn sign and only losing the left front wheel, control arm, and axle by hiting the curb.. Thanks to TAP recycling, and other bad/unlucky drivers, i can fix my poor celica.

yeah it does suck ass and well i have and did everything you did except i wasnt speeding, i was doing maybe 2km/h ... 2 not 20, 2. she was doing roughly 80km/hand well yeah i know i pulled a boner and i admit to my stupidity.

How much are your damages. As of now i need a control arm, rim, and fender. I dont give a shit about paint cause i was gonna paint next week, urg.

Oh yeah once you call in a claim, can you call back and cancil it because the lady said i didnt have to go through insurance if i didnt want to, her car is only worth 800$ in the black book.

BEAMS
06-13-2005, 01:53 AM
I calculated around $425 for used cv axle/whole spindle, caliper, and strut. I decided to get front and back cross drilled/slotted rotors and new ebc green pads.
Also need new wheel(motegi mr7), cost around 120 local, but im just going to order online from rim1.com, they have good prices on wheels and i know they do good biz since i already ordered from them and got exactly what i wanted on time. I can probably get them for like $80 there. My tire looks ok, just has a rash on it from scraping the curb, but no holes.
Once i get that fixed then i will have a body shop measure everything to make sure its not bent enough to throw off my alignment. The one i went to said it would cost around $1048 to fix the body. And the only thing on the body actually bent is the part of the bodys that connects to the top of the strut.
So around $500 for all to get back on the road. But for now, I really have no use for my car, so its not that bad for me.

bloodredgt
06-13-2005, 04:42 AM
sad to hear...