PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ppl!!!! 1st Genz ROCK!!

MisfiT
12-10-2004, 05:47 AM
Hey there

New forum ay, saweet..

I'm LJ (and yes i'm a chick)!! I live in Perth, Australia and this is my baby http://www.ozcelica.com/miscimages/ozcelica/P9170001.JPG

I've had my celica for about 5 years and have just recently completed a fully rebuildfrom bare metal. Alot of werk but loved every minute!!! :blahblah:

Nice to see some more first gen addicted ppl out there!!!

mikeswickednick
12-10-2004, 07:26 AM
nice car! but drop that sucka a few inchs

MisfiT
12-10-2004, 09:04 AM
hehe yea since that photo was taken lowered springs have gone in front and rear.

roman
12-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Well then I think it's time for a new photo, no? :hehe:

RA24_4_Me
12-10-2004, 02:43 PM
I think I should propose to you. Then after our marriage, on our honeymoon, i can knock you out and steal your smiley bumpers.

what do you say?

Ryan

Dragoon
12-10-2004, 06:45 PM
Not if i steal them first! Everybody wants your bumpers! Oh yah, and whats that airdam off of? I'm planning on using a neon one. Can we see more pics? Howabout some from the front?

RA24_4_Me
12-10-2004, 09:56 PM
Damn you, THEY WILL BE MINE! Im way sexier then you, she will choose to marry ME! And I alone will have possesion of the smiley bumpers!! ::Evil cackle:: Hahahahahah

Ryan

GT4SOM
12-11-2004, 01:08 AM
Oh my god!! That is the sweetest first gen I have ever bared my eyes on! So sexy! How about them new pics with the springs?

Hotwheelharmer
12-11-2004, 03:37 AM
Damn you, THEY WILL BE MINE! Im way sexier then you, she will choose to marry ME! And I alone will have possesion of the smiley bumpers!! ::Evil cackle:: Hahahahahah

Ryan

Dude you know you are not even close to being sexy. Infact dogs look at you and they want to puke. :madfawk:

RA24_4_Me
12-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Dude you know you are not even close to being sexy. Infact dogs look at you and they want to puke. :madfawk:
Awwww, your just mad because your celica looks like the aforementioned "puke".

Ryan

MisfiT
12-11-2004, 05:53 PM
hahaha you guys are entertaining :popcorn:

Heres another pic thats better shows the air dam (otherwise known as a front bar/spoiler) Its off a TC Cortina don't think they came out in the US :/

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/sl33ka/Celica/Cruise%20041121/DSC02870.jpg

hmmm and mayb this one

http://img27.exs.cx/img27/2331/DSCN1331.jpg

Can't post my own pic atm so until i find some better ones, here u go.

TRDmkII
12-11-2004, 08:24 PM
WOW that car is amazing....just beautiful...

Mr. Anderson
12-11-2004, 08:29 PM
Yeah it's pretty sweet.

Hiko
12-12-2004, 09:02 PM
Not digging the rims, but otherwise a gorgeous ride.

ChrisD
12-12-2004, 09:39 PM
aussie chick (accent melts me) with hawt 1st gen. --> :bowdown:

Car is gorgeous. I swear that my next project car will be a 1st gen GT liftback. I just can't get enough of them.

:)

carlosfandango
12-12-2004, 11:53 PM
Misfit, that i sure one most excellent liftback. a bare metal job is a big task and to see the results makes me want a RA28. unfortunately a lot of those cars back here in blitey are rusted to pieces.

Very nice work you got there. hope you enjoy the car for years to come.

RA22
12-13-2004, 03:12 AM
Hey, we need some more females over on www.classic-celica.com .

Oh, and we are really obsessed over there (with first gens that is).

And women, you will bring both, I think you are just the member we need over there.

Nice ride, I really like the paint and its stance, also the front spoiler (whatever you want to call it) the way it blends in so nice with the front fenders, nice work.

-Ryan #2, or is it #1, well if it isnt, I want to be Ryan #1...lol...2 ryans out of 5 1st genners

MisfiT
12-13-2004, 05:32 AM
Not digging the rims, but otherwise a gorgeous ride.

Unfortunatley over here coz we have so many FWD cars and soo many cars with 5 stud rims theres a VERY limited choice or wheels that are available, unless you get something custom made or imported, both of which I could not afford at the time. Eventually they will be changed, about the same time the 3SGTE goes in (long term plan) :wiggle: The celica has been entered in a show in the beginning of January, so after the seats are retrimmed and the stereo is in the celica is on hold until the 1JZ-GTE is in put into the '84 Supra (need a daily driver ;))

Hey, we need some more females over on www.classic-celica.com .

Yea i've been to classic-celica.com, haven't looked there for a while but i am a member. Also a 1st Gen mod on ozcelica.com and a member of celica.net.

i can knock you out and steal your smiley bumpers. On ur 1st genz do u guys hav a cut out in the guard to fit the smiley bumpers??

Coz if u want i could possibly source some for you (although is REALLY hard to find dent free straight ones) though freight mite b a bitch....*shrugs*

Americans liike Ozzie accents ay.... HAHAHA serious thats funny, is it really an accent??? :p

Yellowsun
12-13-2004, 09:22 AM
Americans liike Ozzie accents ay.... HAHAHA serious thats funny, is it really an accent??? :p
I've been to the US a few times and most Americans I've met can't tell the difference between British and Australian accents.

Diner waitress; Is that an Australian accent?
Me; Well not exactly......
Diner waitress; What part of Australia are you from?
Me; Right up in the north, the bit that's in Europe
:slap:

RA24_4_Me
12-13-2004, 02:45 PM
You know, if you could source me some smiley bumpers, then i could find a way to pay for them, no need to worry about that.

As far as fitment, it takes a little custom work, but you can get them on US celicas. Lucky for me I have a drill and alot of free time.

Ryan #1

ChrisD
12-13-2004, 04:11 PM

hay now, i'm Canadian. Much better looking. :wiggle:

and yes, deadly sexy accent.

Dragoon
12-13-2004, 07:00 PM
Heres another pic thats better shows the air dam (otherwise known as a front bar/spoiler) Its off a TC Cortina don't think they came out in the US :/Ahh... Cortina spoiler. I see, another guy on cc.com uses one on his RA28, also a beuatiful car!
http://www.classic-celica.com/albums/merlin/celica4.sized.jpg

MisfiT
12-14-2004, 09:36 AM
HAHAHA yea looks like a popular choice :)

Its the rite era to match the car, thats why...

RA24_4_Me if ur that intersted in bumpers i'll see wot i can do. Did u want a front and a rear "smiley" bumper?

RA24_4_Me
12-14-2004, 03:31 PM
HAHAHA yea looks like a popular choice :)

Its the rite era to match the car, thats why...

RA24_4_Me if ur that intersted in bumpers i'll see wot i can do. Did u want a front and a rear "smiley" bumper?

yes I want them quite badly!

Ryan

Dragoon
12-14-2004, 06:01 PM
Well, dont go out of your way, but if in your searches you ever happen across any I'll take a rear bumper for sure and a front almost for sure.

Here we use neon bumpers for our air dams
http://www.classic-celica.com/albums/Album-of-77toycelica/car3.jpg

MisfiT
12-16-2004, 03:42 AM
Aight i'll see how I go with the bumpers, they are gettin fairly hard to find but who knows. And as for that "air dam" yea i like it but i don't think it really suits the era of the car... looks beastie but :)