PDA

View Full Version : Mods

NFERNO
06-09-2005, 04:46 AM
Hi i have gone out and brought myself another ST185 which im having to rebuild the whole motor im putting in oversized pistons getting the the turbo upgraded with a hybrid upgrade and putting a frontmounted intercooler with a link computer, does anyone know of anything more i can do to it with or without the motor in it?

BlackGT4
06-09-2005, 10:52 AM
i am selling a front mount intercooler.
pm me if you are interested..
regarding your question... what you already suggested should be more than enough. i mean these cars run/handle pretty well even in stock form, but that is my personal opinion. others may disagree.

Classique71
06-09-2005, 12:09 PM
you could upgrade the brakes - if your planning on lots of power - at least consider upgrading the stoppers as well ..

youll need to also look at fuel delivery - ( ie pumps , injectors , etc )

Elliott
06-11-2005, 03:14 AM
Why look at doing the pistons alone?

Metal head gasket
new fuel rail + injectors + pump
look at the SMT-6 or SMT-7 as good cheap ecu options
ATS racing CT27/td06 turbo kit?
Water injection/upgraded topmount/front mount
whiteline suspension kit
rocketeer offroad brakes kit? (Does anyone know of an australian place that does brake kits for the gt4?)

Whatever you spend on mods, assume its going to cost you twice what you spend in problems you encounter:)

Classique71
06-11-2005, 11:28 AM
we dont have any " kits " for brakes , intercoolers's turbos over here - most of our mods come as custom one of applications - as the gt4 is pretty rare over here

i know of a few guys ( including myself now ) that have done impressive "kits" for frontmounts , brakes , and turbos - but most you still ahve to " see how they did it " and do it yourself

we can get off the shelf parts for exhausts , ECUS and suspension though - seeing wolf , whiteline and aussie are all aussie based companies

NFERNO
06-14-2005, 03:36 AM
Cheers for all ur help it will used

Galcobar
06-14-2005, 03:47 AM
Improve the exhaust flow -- high-flow cat, straight-through muffler, mandrel bent piping, etc.

robbie
07-06-2005, 01:49 AM
Ring DBA (Disc Brakes Australia), they'll help u with a custom setup I believe and they make mad brake rotors :D