PDA

View Full Version : Bitchin about Monza BOV

Sigma
12-10-2004, 02:19 AM
ok so my gt4 has had a turbosmart type I BOV on for like 3 years i think and never had a problem. but ive put the boost up and hope to do so more later. so....(plus being sick of the normal chhhhhh u hear every day) i decided to get a HKS SSQV. After talking to some people thought (ie. nezza lol) i decided to get the cheaper make Monza super sequential which i was assured by autotecnica etc that it was not at all less of quality.
ok, so i get the valve, spend $55 on top getting an alloy adaptor made up then like $100 on welding and instalation etc.
so i was stoked, sounded sick and worked good.
about 10 days after it was put in, it fucked up and the O-ring that seals when its shut, moved and broke away from the right spot, so autobarn appologises and gives me another one.
this time, 6 days later, EXACT same thing happened. NOT HAPPY!
so now after spending almost $200 total mucking around just to get this thing fitted, i have to spend another $300 to get the HKS one cus im sick of this and i cant be guaranteed that it will fit this adaptor.
if thats so, theres antoher $50 buying an alloy adaptor from HKS plus the extra $$$ to get the old one cut off and the new welded on.
So basically, im fucked over by a lot of money just cus Monza make a FUCKED, dodgy valve.
:( at least the rest of my car is FINALLY working as good as new.
some of u know the work ive done lately.
gettin engine out, button clutch, st205 gearbox, aussie exhaust dump pipe, all the gear.
spent like $8,000 on repairs (whilst upgrading the repaired parts to good ones) in 6 months from buyin my car.
so damn its running sweet! if i can just sort out this valve crap, im set.

Aust162
12-10-2004, 07:47 AM
yeah those monza valves are cheap. i sell them at work and u can see the "quality", or lack there of..
good to hear everything else is going sweet ;)

Jaemus
12-11-2004, 01:12 AM
aw man that sounds like some shitty shit

write letters and that to monza / autotechnica and complain ur ass off, sera does that all the time with food and gets lots of refund cheques :) dunno if itl work tho

Gary
12-11-2004, 05:56 AM
You got what you paid for, I guess. :-(

Sigma
12-12-2004, 11:26 PM
unfortunately, yes. STILL, they should at least WORK if they are being sold. thats whats annoying.

Classique71
12-14-2004, 01:53 AM
nods - you do get what you pay for

ssad to say bit companies like autotechnia dont realy cater to higher end applications ..

youll see most of their gear on pod-ricers - not on " real " cars ..

thats one reason i have nothing from a " cheap " brand on my car - because simply i know it will fail

best bet is to save up - and get what you originally want in the first place ..

may cost more - but it usually is worth it

Sigma
12-14-2004, 09:22 AM
yeah i know, my whole decision was to only get the best for this car...hehe serves me right, the first thing that isnt the best fails on me. hehehe

Jaemus
12-14-2004, 10:59 AM
with ur list of mods so far, looks like you stayed true to that philosophy :) specially the gearbox

Sigma
12-16-2004, 07:06 AM
ah i love the 6th gen gearbox, its so smooth and nice :D

Classique71
12-16-2004, 07:53 AM
heh - 6th gen gearbox is noice - but i do prefer the St205 WRC ed. box over it though :)

I guess mainly im used to 5 speeders - but the shift feel + throw are virtually identical .

BTW Sigma is yours an " australian spec ? gt4"

Sigma
12-21-2004, 10:27 PM
yep shes an aussie spec :)
by the way, just put the HKS SSQV bov in yesterday. damn shes nice :) set me back a bit tho :(

Cel3SGTE
12-22-2004, 02:46 AM
The SSQ are the coolest BOVs u can buy.... great purchace

Aust162
12-23-2004, 11:05 AM
Is the SSQ hks' the one that sounds like a "bird tweet"/quick Chirp? sorry i don't know how to explain it too well.LOL :D

Sigma, put a sound clip up if you can.

Sigma
12-24-2004, 07:53 AM
hahahaha yeah thats the one. its like a whistle sound then a soft shhhh.
ummm well if i get a chance, ill try record it some day and upload it.