PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Body Parts Question

caneman
06-02-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm planning to replace some body parts on my 90 GT prior to repainting. I've found a dealer on eBay (http://stores.ebay.com/id=139020616&ssPageName=L2) (Car Parts Wholesale) that has replacement covers, but...

Do any of you have experience with these parts? They have two, seemingly identical front bumper covers for a 92-93 Gen5 (I like the fog lamp cutouts on the newer version). One goes for $94 + shipping and the other for $183 + same amount of shipping. The customer rep sez that the difference is that the more expensive model is "Capital approved" as a factory, OEM replacement. What is the actual difference in these things? Is the cheaper one made from lower grade or thinner polyurethane or will not fit as well? Or what? Can anyone clear this up? TIA.

gen5
06-02-2005, 10:59 PM
Best thing to do is ask them for actual pictures of the two bumpers as I am 99.9% sure this is just a stock photo for one or the other and maybe not even the one they sell. If they deny your request or fail to answer it, I would proceed with caution, as their feedback leaves somehting to be desired. Hell, while you're at it, ask them straight up what the deal is.