PDA

View Full Version : 800cc injectors that drop in the 3SGTE rail

ATSAaron
06-01-2005, 04:26 AM
I'm not sure where to put this post, but I just got my hands on a couple of sets of these. They are from SARD. They are blue top! I've never seen these injectors before and don't think they have an OEM application (the Blitz 850cc injectors are actually RX-7 injectors). These 800cc injectors are low impedance and have the SAME CONNECTOR (Blitz injectors don't) as the stock 440cc injectors. They drop into the stock rail, ATS modified rail or Wolfkatz rail. They even have the dual hole nozzle like the stock 440cc injectors. These will support ~450rwhp at a reasonable duty cycle and 42psi of base pressure. The cost is $453 for a set. Sorry, if I sound too excited, haha. I am tired of quoting $1000 for a fuel system to support 450rwhp ($150 regulator, $250 rail, $200 in lines/fittings, $320 in top feed injectors, etc). Now the same power potential is available for nearly half! Plus its a drop in installation.

Needless to say the stock ECU will NOT run these. My opinion is they are too big to be run with an AFC too. Your best bet is a stand alone ECU like the Nemesis, Autronic, Motec or Link.

Aaron

Luni
06-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Wow.. Good stuff.

Aaron has the 3SGTE fuel rail been tested to see how much fuel it can flow in CCs before it craps out? Is it even worth putting these in a stock rail?

ChrisD
06-02-2005, 03:12 PM
That's definitely cool.

I doubt it would be a great idea putting these in the stock rail. I think a rail upgrade would probably be a requirement, especially since you will likely need a bigger fuel pump if you are making enough power to require 800cc injectors! Big rail pressure drop on big injectors = big problems.

ATSAaron
06-05-2005, 05:18 PM
The stock rail isn't even worth 550cc injectors. However, we bore the rail from 6mm to 8mm, which increases the internal volume by over 75%! We also port the inlet and oulet of each injector to allow the fuel to travel through the rail easier. We have tested our rails to over 400rwhp. Plus the modification is relatively inexpensive at $75.

Aaron

Luni
06-05-2005, 09:45 PM
If I did that with stock 440s, what type of increase would I hope to gain? (I have a stock rail lying around for 75 bux it might be worth having it bored out)

ChrisD
06-07-2005, 04:33 AM
If I did that with stock 440s, what type of increase would I hope to gain? (I have a stock rail lying around for 75 bux it might be worth having it bored out)

luni,

you'd gain a few things.

-no pressure drop between injectors, meaning they'd all get the same amount of fuel.

-fuel efficiency! this "pressure drop" is really a pressure RISE. each injector further from the fpr has a higher pressure than at the fpr itself. when you upgrade the rail, all injectors would be @ the same pressure as the fpr. so less fuel is injected as a result of lower pressures further from the fpr. i noticed a drastic change in my plugs when i changed to the wolfkatz rail.

-room to grow in the future.

im not entirely sure how drastic the results would be on the stock fuel pump...

ruffneck
03-13-2006, 02:23 AM
so is there much of a difference between the Wolfkatz rail and the ATS bored-out rail in terms of flow??

Snafu
03-13-2006, 03:18 AM
luni,

you'd gain a few things.

-no pressure drop between injectors, meaning they'd all get the same amount of fuel.

-fuel efficiency! this "pressure drop" is really a pressure RISE. each injector further from the fpr has a higher pressure than at the fpr itself. when you upgrade the rail, all injectors would be @ the same pressure as the fpr. so less fuel is injected as a result of lower pressures further from the fpr. i noticed a drastic change in my plugs when i changed to the wolfkatz rail.

-room to grow in the future.

im not entirely sure how drastic the results would be on the stock fuel pump...

Holy crap, you do still exist!

These injectors seem pretty bad ass. Top mount, low impedence injectors, no? Hm... same as the 20v... hehe.

Dr Tweak
03-13-2006, 12:09 PM
20v are high impedance, and aren't these side-feed? The 20v are top-feed.

-Doc

Snafu
03-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Ah, brain fart. You're right, these are side feed, low impedence.

Good to know about the 20v, DSM 450's will drop right in ;)

ChrisD
03-13-2006, 03:44 PM
old post, but yes, i'm still around. ;) busy, but around.

joe's gt
03-13-2006, 11:57 PM
A little off topic, but kind of referring back to Luni's post, what advantages does a ATS bored out fuel rail w/ 440's and a walbro 255 provide over the stock fuel rail? If you get a bored out fuel rail, can the ecu still run the 440's? If I have an afpr on a stock 3sgte with the exception of the walbro 255 and ct-27, what fuel pressure should I run for maximum performance? I think BGB provides a range of 33-38 psi, but is there a certain psi that is more effective performance wise?

ChrisD
03-14-2006, 06:45 AM
A little off topic, but kind of referring back to Luni's post, what advantages does a ATS bored out fuel rail w/ 440's and a walbro 255 provide over the stock fuel rail? If you get a bored out fuel rail, can the ecu still run the 440's? If I have an afpr on a stock 3sgte with the exception of the walbro 255 and ct-27, what fuel pressure should I run for maximum performance? I think BGB provides a range of 33-38 psi, but is there a certain psi that is more effective performance wise?

Basically, with an upgraded fuel pump on the stock rail, you see a drop in fuel pressure across the cylinders. A larger bore will even this out, which can be done by ATS or from an upgraded rail like Wolfkatz. Stock fuel pressure is 42psi from tests (BGB states this incorrectly). This wont affect the way the car runs on the stock ECU at all.

The best psi is the psi that gives you the correct A/F ratio. ;)

PearlJammzz
04-21-2009, 07:27 PM

First off, god this thread is old! Took a level 3 res spell just to get it back!

But c'mon man, stop being a pussy bitch! You have a 540's now, time for modded FPR and rail!

joe's gt
04-21-2009, 09:24 PM
^^ damn dude. you brought this back back from the dead. lol. Its actually kind of funny reading my post from 3 years ago back when I had more plans for her than just a dd. 3 years and thousands of dollars in repairs later, nothing has changed. lol.