PDA

View Full Version : all-trac wrecked parts car

BEAMS
05-29-2005, 07:50 AM
If i lived near this guy i would consider swaping in the motor hes got. The damage on his car looks kind of like mine, except for the body damage, my fender is a bit bent at bottom but thats about it. If this is someones car on this board, man that sucks i would just keep it and fix it. But that looks like around 4-5 grand if you take it to a body shop. Mine was around 3 grand and that was after reading all the stupid over priced parts on their list i found that i can fix my celica for under 400 dollars and thats with all new parts.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39405&item=4551891616&rd=1

Slider
05-29-2005, 07:56 AM
No frame damage? :squint: That thing looks a bit messed up

TEAMFaint
05-29-2005, 08:02 AM
No frame damage? :squint: That thing looks a bit messed up

:stupid:
There is no way that there isnt any frame damage. Look at the driver fender, it looks like something is completely missing. I guess it could still be a good fixer up'er, even if you got it for $700 with the engine/tranny and did a rebuild and swapped it.

david in germany
05-29-2005, 12:00 PM
:stupid:
There is no way that there isnt any frame damage. Look at the driver fender, it looks like something is completely missing. I guess it could still be a good fixer up'er, even if you got it for $700 with the engine/tranny and did a rebuild and swapped it.

Probably is no frame damage.... Maby because there is no frame? Unibody construction technicly there is no frame on the Celicas (not talking about the old celicas) So I guess he isn't giving us a lie. I bet it would make a good parts car though.

alltracman78
05-29-2005, 03:03 PM
:( He is talking about the front rails. They are considered part of the "frame"
It looks like whatever he hit slid right past them.
Basically, you won't have to take this to a frame straightener.

It's a 90, got those nice seats. :)

evilcel
05-29-2005, 03:33 PM
should all just throw down on it and get parts we want, sell the rest

Punisher
05-30-2005, 04:12 AM
Guy is pretty close to me...

That car is MAJORLY fucked.. man.. would cost quite a bit to fix it up if you ask me..

Punisher
05-30-2005, 04:15 AM
Btw, great idea about buying it and taking the parts we want.. however, where do we keep it during this period?

I might go take a look at the car this coming saturday..

evilcel
05-30-2005, 04:18 AM
i was halfass bsn, good idea, but Itd be a pain for someone to store and pull parts for everyone. wouldnt be cost effective....

alltracman78
05-30-2005, 05:28 AM
You guys are lucky im broke. :D
So is my garage. :laugh:

Dr Tweak
05-30-2005, 06:51 AM
should all just throw down on it and get parts we want, sell the rest

I'm willing to go pick it up and do the disassembly, if you guys are serious about this. It didn't sell for $500 so we can probably get it for like $300 if I show up with cash or something.

-Doc

GT4RC
05-30-2005, 07:11 AM
oh man that would rule

Punisher
05-30-2005, 06:12 PM
I think we should go look it over first.. I really can't think of but a few items I would want from it anyway.. To bad it's a USDM 3SGTE...

All I really want is interior shit.. and MAYBE if the hood scoop and those vents are still good.. I might just take those.. repaint em and stick them on my hood.

alltracman78
05-30-2005, 06:14 PM
I doubt you'll get it for $300.
IF you do I will cry.

Punisher, what's wrong with the US 3SGTE?
Only difference is the ecu.
And the US is waaaay easier to swap in. Has egr, and the harness is on the right side.

Punisher
05-30-2005, 06:17 PM
#1. I don't want EGR... it's not a concern to me where I live.
#2. That is what a 1st 3sgte? I'd really like to have atleast a 2nd or preferably 3rd gen 3sgte...

Also, what are the differences between the USDM motors and JDM.. say in 2nd and 3rd gens?

My main concern is that it's a MAP sensor.. not AFM.. If the engine itself, internally is the exact same thing as the JDM motor.. etc etc.. Then I don't care... Just always seems that JDM shit puts out more power over USDM... ?

evilcel
05-30-2005, 07:26 PM
yea, Im only really interested in parts for 5sfte. and other interiors aswell. Anyone have a pic of seats? I thought the gts seats looked better than my gt seats(some at a junkyard i wanna get) whats the diff between gts and alltrac seats?

Punisher
05-30-2005, 09:58 PM
nothing that I know of.. the seats in that wrecked all trac look just like my alltrac seats

CelicaGT4
05-31-2005, 12:16 AM
:D
#1. I don't want EGR... it's not a concern to me where I live.
#2. That is what a 1st 3sgte? I'd really like to have atleast a 2nd or preferably 3rd gen 3sgte...

Also, what are the differences between the USDM motors and JDM.. say in 2nd and 3rd gens?

My main concern is that it's a MAP sensor.. not AFM.. If the engine itself, internally is the exact same thing as the JDM motor.. etc etc.. Then I don't care... Just always seems that JDM shit puts out more power over USDM... ?

First, the motor on that car is a 2nd gen 3sgte. USDM or JDM...doesn't matter, the only diff is the EGR (which you can take off a USDM anywys) and a bit more agressive ECU.

Differences between gens are 1st gen has a WTA IC as the 2nd gen has a ATA IC. ECU'S are a bit different but not by much. The first gen 3sgte also has top feed injectors as the 2nd and 3rd gens have side feed if my memory serves me right. Both the 1st and 2nd gen 3s's have AFM (carlos sainze has a larger on the 2nd gen) where the 3rd gen is an air density reading MAP sensor. The injectors on a 3rd gen are 540cc's as the earlier 2 gens have 440cc's. The 3rd gen also has a WTA IC but is a way better design along with a better turbo and exhaust setup. All have internal waistegates and shitty ass intake manifolds and throttle bodies.

All off the top of my head, feel free to add or correct me at anytime....thanks, I'll be here all week

Luis C
05-31-2005, 12:37 AM
I'd be willing to chip in if anyone is willing to rip out everything thats needed for a swap and arrange the shipping to a foreing country.
Suffice to say that I will pay a fair price to the person who does it for it's time and troubles.

Dr Tweak
05-31-2005, 01:43 AM
Yeah that's a second gen engine, ST185. Luis, I can help you out with that. I can't chip in any money since I'm broke, but I will pay for going down and getting it, that will be my contribution.

Luis, what can you contribute?

Who else is in?

If you guys need any references for me just head over to www.northeasterntuners.com, www.vvt-i.net, or www.shoforum.com.

-Doc

Punisher
05-31-2005, 03:07 AM
I'm sort of interested in that engine.. but I don't know..

Dr. Tweak where do you live?

Dr Tweak
05-31-2005, 03:19 AM
Vermont

Punisher
05-31-2005, 04:26 AM
Oh fuck.. lol I'm like 60 miles from this guy

Is there a MAP conversion for the 3sgte?

Dr Tweak
05-31-2005, 04:29 AM
Oh... well you go get it then!

Punisher
05-31-2005, 05:01 AM
MAYBE I WILL!

I'll let you guys know tomorrow.. If I got this job, which I think I did.. I will go get it.. lol

Luis C
05-31-2005, 05:01 PM
Dr. Tweak, I dunno how much will be necessary and if anyone else is interested on other parts of the car, this isn't very common where I live so I have not much clue on what would be an appropiate amount... maybe $150 or $200 since I'll be needing almost half of the car? (just for the parts)

Send me a PM on how much you think you could charge for removing the engine/wiring/ECU/and-what-not-for-a-swap

schmooot
06-01-2005, 03:41 AM
I really want that scoop

85gtsblackman
06-01-2005, 03:49 AM
how to fix car the macco way

take everything off front end

cut off mangled front clip

install (weld somehow) front clip from a junkyard gt or gts

put everthing back in

grease monkey
06-02-2005, 03:09 AM
how to fix car the macco way

take everything off front end

cut off mangled front clip

install (weld somehow) front clip from a junkyard gt or gts

put everthing back in

theres nothing wrong with that if its done correctly.i would fix that thing before parting it out,its seriously not too bad of damage.

carlosfandango
06-02-2005, 03:21 AM
hmmm, if it was so easy to put on the road, it would have been - by somebody by now. that shell is scrap.

i'm gonna also say the cross shaft is mangled in the transmission.

a jdm 3sgte has 20bhp in addition to usdm afaik.

grease monkey
06-03-2005, 05:13 AM
hmmm, if it was so easy to put on the road, it would have been - by somebody by now. that shell is scrap.

i'm gonna also say the cross shaft is mangled in the transmission.

a jdm 3sgte has 20bhp in addition to usdm afaik.

i didnt say it was cheap,maybe its not worth their time or money,but ive seen a camaro that was seriously ass ended by a lifted truck.they cut it behind the seats and the rear end from another camaro welded to it...it must have been worth someones time and money to do that car!!

Slider
06-03-2005, 05:26 AM
i didnt say it was cheap,maybe its not worth their time or money,but ive seen a camaro that was seriously ass ended by a lifted truck.they cut it behind the seats and the rear end from another camaro welded to it...it must have been worth someones time and money to do that car!!

Heard of that being done on a mkiv Supra TT, it was selling for pretty cheap too. I don't know about the structual integrity of that.