PDA

View Full Version : Spots after wash

Blackcloud
05-27-2005, 09:46 AM
well it seems that every time after i wash my truck and dry it that it has all sorts of water spots or something left on it.

Ive gotten rid of it both times by putting a hand coat of wax on.

pic after i washed 2 times and waxed the other day (washed twice due to fact that truck was a solid mud ball after my night in the hills)
http://hooah.myftp.org/hooah/truck/DSC00968.JPG

I start off by spraying the entire truck with water, then using a clean rag i apply some foamy car wash crap that i have in my garage, wash sections at a time, rinsing off each section and keeping the truck wet the entire time.

When trying I use 3 clean towels. One to go around real quick and dry off the majority of the water, then the other 2 to get the remaining water.

Am i washing it wrong? drying it wrong?

THanks

2cal
05-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Use a chamois to wipe. Failing that, some sort of microfibre cloth for washing cars. Also, a lambswool washing mitt helps too.

It won't eliminate water spots, but will reduce it dramatically.

MoralWarfare
05-27-2005, 07:58 PM
PC you're doing everything well, but I would suggest picking up an Absorber from your auto parts store. It does a phenomenal job at drying quickly and effectively.

Blackcloud
05-27-2005, 08:34 PM
ill right. ill go buy some new towels and stuff. thanks

acidice333
05-28-2005, 07:13 AM
Wash your truck with cold water and just let it airdry (: Your water is enriched with minerals and your truck will be covered in spots. Or so thats what I saw posted somewhere (: I wash with warm water, works better then cold.

Blackcloud
05-28-2005, 07:16 AM
Well I know its enriched with crap. Im tryint to avoid the spots tho.. not live with them

MoralWarfare
05-28-2005, 05:07 PM
Wash your truck with cold water and just let it airdry (: Your water is enriched with minerals and your truck will be covered in spots. Or so thats what I saw posted somewhere (: I wash with warm water, works better then cold.
i don't get it. either way there are minerals in the water and it will leave spots.

Galcobar
05-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Neither do I on how the temperature of the wash water will affect how the rinse water dries.

That said, there are car washes designed to minimize hard water sport. Meguiar's makes a few -- check the labels. I know NXT wash is designed that way, but there should be others available as well.

carlosfandango
05-28-2005, 07:57 PM
sounds to me as if the soap is taking too much wax off which is causing spotting and water retention.

ibanezgfx
05-28-2005, 10:02 PM
get the mr. clean thing!

Punisher
05-30-2005, 10:37 PM
Eh... Just sounds like you have harder water than usual... I washed the celi yesterday and I had no problems..

Wet.. soap.. keep wet.. then I used a bath towel to dry it and then I got the Dupont Teflon wax shit out.. no water spots.

Trance4c
05-31-2005, 04:02 AM
Absorber all the way

Blackcloud
06-01-2005, 02:44 AM
THanks guys. when i get paid im gonna have to go buy some new cleaning products i think

alltracman78
06-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Warm/hot water will evaporate faster, and won't leave spots.
Ever notice when you do dishes, if you use hot water to rinse, it dries real quick, with no spots? Try useing cool water. Plus the hot water cleans better.
Also, try rinsing with just the hose, no nozzle. The "sheeting" effect gets more of the water off the car to start, leaving less to dry.

convertiblechick
06-07-2005, 05:59 AM
I get spots real bad this time of year. My neighbor and her 'sherwood forest' yard let off so much pollen, even when it's dry, I have to wipe it down with a dry cloth so it shines. Otherwise it looks dull yellow. :puke:

Oh BTW, I used this wax called Collinite. They make wax for all parts of boats too. It's supposed to be detergent resistent (is it ever- I had to wash my cloths in straight bleach water because laundry soap won't get it off. Synthrapol might but I don't have any and would have to special order it.)
It's also supposed to last a year.

I will take some pics now and when it starts to wear, or a year later whichever comes first. It does leave the car like glass though. :bigthumbu

Blackcloud
06-07-2005, 06:05 AM
sweet.. and where have you been? not seen you around in a few months

oh. and how am i supposed to rinse with warm water?

alltracman78
06-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Attach the hose to the warm water faucet in the basement.
Or garage. If you can get at it.
Or just let the hose sit out in the hot sun :D

Or just use the hose, no nozzle. That works almost as good.

Blackcloud
06-07-2005, 11:13 PM
dont have one of thoes...

alltracman78
06-08-2005, 04:23 AM
No hose? :D

Blackcloud
06-08-2005, 06:38 AM
got the hose. no hot water hook up

alltracman78
06-08-2005, 05:24 PM
That's what I figured.
So do this.

Or just use the hose, no nozzle. That works almost as good.

convertiblechick
06-09-2005, 12:17 AM
sweet.. and where have you been? not seen you around in a few months

oh. and how am i supposed to rinse with warm water?

My corner is very busy this time of year. :hehe: BTW...very handsome truck :bigthumbu

Blackcloud
06-09-2005, 06:30 AM
Thanks

Colossus20v
06-12-2005, 05:40 AM
PC, I use an absorber and then wax and do not have any problems. I would invest in some good washing products and then you should be set for a while. Spend like $30 on good stuff. It will last. Truck looks good still.