PDA

View Full Version : hesitation

hawk
05-27-2005, 09:42 AM
I have a 2000 celica gts. I am having problems with severe hesitation, when starting out. It tends to be more common when the engine is cold. There is 75000 miles on the car. I just changed the plugs. It didn't seem to help. I still have not replaced the ignition coils yet. Would that be the next step??

Thumpin00gts
05-28-2005, 01:05 AM
you didn't mention if you have any modifications on the car. If you have a cold air or short ram intake then the first step would be to remove your MAFS and give it a delicate spray with non-chlorinated brake cleaner and swab the elements very carefully.

hawk
05-28-2005, 05:19 AM
No modifications to the car, simply stock.

Thumpin00gts
05-28-2005, 06:59 AM
okay. Well it could be a few things, some people have had the problem go away when the MAF was replaced under warranty but you're out of luck on that one. So my advice would be still clean your MAF sensor and check your air filter. If that doesn't solve the problem check on the coils like you were going to. In general there are a lot of gts' that suffer from this problem especially at cold start, most of the time it is a mass air flow sensor related issue.

hawk
05-28-2005, 07:17 AM
thanks for the help.. it is greatly appreciated