PDA

View Full Version : Took off "Toyota" and "GT-S" emblems, need help!

Oz^
12-09-2004, 05:14 AM
I recently took off the emblems but now the paint is faded where the emblems were and u can still see the outline of them. Do I need a new paint job or can I do something to blend the paint so you dont see the outline? any help is appreciated.

Thumpin00gts
12-09-2004, 05:36 AM
clean the area in general, then go buy some rubbing compound(polish) and using a cotton cloth with some polish and buff by hand. Then get another clean cloth and get off all the polish. This takes off a very thin layer of the clear coat that was on the paint, so as further protection I would apply some wax to that area, if not the whole car. That will get your paint as shiny as its going to get without repainting it.

carlosfandango
12-09-2004, 12:21 PM
You will probably see that the paint underneath the emblems is in better condition than the rest of the car and it is the 'outline' of the emblems which apears bull. this is normal when removing emblems as there will always be a small area around the logos which cannot be cleaned when washing/waxing unless you use a detailing brush and most folks dont.

The dullness will just be a build up of dirt and wax over the years.

Like Thumping said, wash the area with auto detergent then apply cutting compound on a clean cloth - that will straighten this out.

Could you take some pics and do a little write up of your success and maybe we can have a little sticky for removing emblems?

you may feel that the car requires further cutting compound application as it is possible that you will end up with shiny areas where the emblem's where. without seeing the rest of the paintwork - that's just a guess.

Good luck.

Oz^
12-09-2004, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the ideas and carlos that sounds good. I will take pics soon and get them up and try your suggestions then post pics of the results. hopefully it works because it looks a lot cleaner without the emblems

carlosfandango
12-10-2004, 08:31 PM
cool. Oz, i just noticed your location. where is that dude?

Oz^
12-11-2004, 01:34 AM
Canada Between Alberta and Manitoba.

red_94gts
12-11-2004, 01:39 AM
cool. Oz, i just noticed your location. where is that dude?
WTF??????????????????????????????
i am supposed to be the only saskatoon celica guy on these forums!?!?!?!?!
like the only black guy at a party. you must leave! haha j/k
saskatchewan is in Canada.
but seriously, wtf? i have never seen anybody from saskatchewan post in any of the toyota forums im on except of course conrad but thats awesome

carlosfandango
12-11-2004, 03:41 AM
the climate must be awesome for turbo cars?

red_94gts
12-11-2004, 10:26 PM
it would be if there wasnt ice on the ground. no traction