PDA

View Full Version : 84 celica st

izikio
05-26-2005, 06:31 PM
i have an 84 celica st, it's been sitting in front of my house forever now, it has a 22re engine from a 85 toy pickup. i dunno what to do with it, if i should sell it, modify it, it a couple probs like the altanator, maybe a blown head gasket, i'm in school for automotive and i dunno if it's worth it to work on this car, the body is in good shape, engine runs really strong and it'll turn the back tires easily, can anyone give me some advice on what to do with it cause everytime i see it i see potential then when i don't see it i want to get rid of it.

Blackcloud
05-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Id fix it up and then keep it as a daily driver.

thats what im doing with my celica, because im sure as you know fuel is expensive in your burb as well as my truck

izikio
05-26-2005, 10:27 PM
yup gas is fuckin horrible in the burb,it cost like 80 bucks to fill up, and i'm a college student so i never have money because of it. but yeah your right about keeping it and making it a daily driver. looks like you almost in the same position i have having a gas guzzler and an economy car,funny. but i got a question for you, what can i do to the 22re to make feel like it's fuel injected(because it is)instead of that hesitation like if it's carburated or something. also where can i find supra rims(older supras)i think they would look good on my celi. thanks

klr_toy
05-26-2005, 10:58 PM
what can i do to the 22re to make feel like it's fuel injected(because it is)instead of that hesitation like if it's carburated or something.

I would start with a header

85CelicaGT
05-27-2005, 12:19 AM
well first off you could do an exhaust and the an open elment intake and such you should visit the RWD celica website www.celica-gts.com/forums/ and they will answer any of you questions to anything you have this site is deticated to the 3rd gen celica

Blackcloud
05-27-2005, 01:09 AM
I agree. Start with a intake and possibly an exhaust.

You should be able to find the old supra wheels at a junk yard. (mine came with them) but ive seen them at my local junk yard when ive gone looking for parts.

85CelicaGT
05-27-2005, 11:29 PM
i see them in jy every once in awhile they are starting to become rare

85gtsblackman
05-28-2005, 04:22 AM
i say keep the car

i can get u parts front a friend such as rims

izikio
06-09-2005, 05:17 PM
thanks you guys, i think i am going to keep it, one more question...do you know if i would be able to make this car fast enough to beat up on modified honda's and such