PDA

View Full Version : HID LIGHT KIT?

buffalohunter7321
01-05-2018, 05:45 AM
A few years back I purchased a HID HIGH INTENSITY DISCHARGE LAMP SYSTEM German Technology kit and need to up grade to a newer HID system.
The first system I purchased was from a member of Celicatech. I believe it was a female who sold them to me.
If any one knows of a newer up grade or knows who I am talking about, please give me her name or point me to where I can get a newer upgraded kit.
Thanks buffalohunter7321

bloodMoney
01-05-2018, 02:18 PM
Hey Jack! I hope your holidays were good. :)

Not sure where you got your previous HIDs from, but I've used DDM with success.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Categories/HID/HID-Kits/Ultra-HID-Kits

Good Luck!

buffalohunter7321
01-05-2018, 10:49 PM
Hey Chris hows the new baby doing?
Does the light kit you referred me to have high and low beam?

bloodMoney
01-08-2018, 02:22 PM
He's doing well! All the fun baby stuff... You know. Not crawling yet, but he'll be into everything when he gets there. We can see it already.

You know, I'm not sure that HIDs have the capability to run a dual intensity for Hi/Low beams. Most of the HID systems that I've seen run Hi/Low control it via a shutter in the projector housing. For non-projector systems, most OEMs run a separate Hi Beam bulb.

What car are you trying to retrofit these on to?

buffalohunter7321
01-08-2018, 07:36 PM
My 87 FX-16 is the one that has it, but as of late the lights fail to turn on. I figured it is time for a up grade. The old system I have on it has the High/Low beam ability and has worked great up until about a month ago.
I guess it is wearing out. God Bless and I hope to see You and Stacy and "Lil Jake"!!!, some time soon at a car meet.

fdbaxter
04-27-2018, 07:43 AM
Did you guys retrofit your headlamp or just get HID lamps?

buffalohunter7321
04-27-2018, 03:17 PM
When I got mine way some years back, I had to cut in the wires and new receptcal's, but for the bulb fit, they where the same as the old bulbs and I just twisted them in.