PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a photo of a 5th gen sunroof inside?

5thgenkeeper
09-23-2017, 03:28 AM
Anyone happen to have a photo of a 5th gen sunroof inside without the headliner? I want to see how much I would have to cut out to gain the headroom the sunroof eats up.

Murgatroy
09-23-2017, 05:10 AM
I think it would be an easier method to install a custom seat with a lower bracket than to cut out the area from the sunroof. I assume we are looking for helmet clearance here?

5thgenkeeper
09-23-2017, 09:42 PM
I have tried a couple different "race" seats in there that still recline and they measured worse than the stock one. The only one that gets me any improvement over stock is a blow molded plastic fixed race seat bolted directly to the floor, which I actually ran for a while until my back gave out. I'm sure there's a seat out that that would do it but manufacturers don't seem to publish that measurement and the shop here only has a few brands to try. If you have any suggestions I'd be interested in checking them out. I'd only remove the sunroof if I could do it in a way it could be put back to stock later.

Nitro_Alltrac
09-27-2017, 02:23 AM
You shouldn't have to cut anything to remove the sunroof. It bolts in. There's a section in the BGB that shows how to remove it.

5thgenkeeper
09-27-2017, 08:19 PM
Thanks, I'll check it out.