PDA

View Full Version : I'M BACK!

lalojamesliz
07-25-2017, 03:55 AM
Hey guys, I sold my all-trac a few years ago because I cracked ringland #3, had nowhere to work on it so I could replace the piston and i was in the middle of buying my house.
I was at my local toyota dealership and one of the salesman was the guy that bought it from me. We talked for like a hour about the all-trac probably and i asked if its for sale.
He said yes and gave me a hell of a deal and I wanted the car back the day I sold it.
Now it has a gen3 engine and trans but it's running gen2 electronics and a new mishimoto radiator. I'm ok with that :)
It had a coolant leak and the starter needed to be serviced but now it's fine. I think my fuel pump relay is going out because it cranks fine but no start even if i crank it a few times.
The relay has something loose inside like a small screw or something. If I take out the relay and shake it then put it back, it starts right up.
Also, the fan for the radiator doesn't turn on. Any ideas?

ChrisD
07-26-2017, 07:27 PM
Awesome! Cool to get your old car back. Too bad they didn't do the gen 3 electronics too, but oh well that's a good starting point. Rad fan, try the temp switch in the rad- see if it is installed or even working.

Nitro_Alltrac
07-27-2017, 12:49 AM
Glad to see you back!

lalojamesliz
07-27-2017, 04:16 PM
Thanks guys :)
Glad to see you guys are still here as well
I was a little worried when I first came back because I didn't see anyone or any new posts.
I'm extremely happy to have it back! I sold it for $2k with a cracked ringland and no turbo or intercooler and I bought it back with 20k more miles, new mishimoto radiator, brand new battery, and the gen3 engine and trans all for $2k! The same price I sold it to the guy for. It had minor things that needed work but everything is good now besides the fan not working.
It idles at 1k rpm (need to adjust that) and the engine vacuum is at 22hg on my vac/boost guage.

Nitro_Alltrac
07-28-2017, 01:15 AM
That is a hell of a deal!