PDA

View Full Version : What tires to get?

cocojambo
07-01-2017, 06:33 AM
Hey there, guys!
I have finally decided to buy a new car (well, not really new) and I got myself a 2001 Celica, hooray! So far I'm prety happy with it, but it's not in the best shape, and I really want to make it look good again.
Now, tires are a priority for me, since these current ones are really worn out and I don't even feel safe driving that car right now.
A friend of mine is a mechanic and he suggested me that I visit this website for suggestions: Holmes Tire (http://holmestire.com). But it looks pretty fishy for me, and I don't want to make any bad decisions that I will regret. I'm looking for some year round, all season tires. Money is definitely not an issue.
Thank you for the help!

sefiro
07-02-2017, 12:17 AM
check tirerack website. Use desktop version of the site / research& advice / tire ratings. You can select a tire, and filter reviews for style of driving, vehicle etc. The ratings have historically been spot on for many of my normal passenger vehicles.

The site only contains tires they sell, so some distributor specific versions will have to be matched back to their equivalents while some brands (cooper) are not sold and no reviews available.

As for my daily driver 91 gt, I was getting Yokohama's out of ntb - and been happy with water, tread life etc on stick alloys. Would replace wheels and upgrade tires if I was to go aggressive driving.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

KoreanJoey
07-02-2017, 03:53 AM
Continental ExtremeContact DWS (or DWS06) would be a good all season tire. Otherwise, the BFG Comp 2 A/S would be another good option.

cocojambo
07-10-2017, 07:58 AM
Thank you for the opinions, guys, I think I have found what I needed!

fdbaxter
07-25-2017, 02:28 AM
Since budget is not a problem, take a look at the Michelin.