PDA

View Full Version : Restoration/drag car begin's

T-rav
12-02-2016, 05:36 AM
well so far I've found sun visors and rear view mirror and a mint condition carbon fiber grill piece. I'm excited cause that's kinda all the interior needed. Now for the performance part's I've picked up. I've got a 3 inch muffler but I may swap it out for a full exhaust system. I also was able to get my hands on an intercooler. I'm getting a apexi turbo timer next week when I get paid. Parts gathering is so much fun.

ChrisD
12-02-2016, 04:26 PM
Just remember the parts installation part of the job! ha.

So what is the car, what are your goals? Timeline? I'd leave out the turbo timer personally, just don't run on max boost and then shut the car off right away. If the last few minutes of your drive are cruising, it's totally fine.

T-rav
12-02-2016, 04:38 PM
It's a 1990 celica gt. My goal is 7.50 I. The 8th. it's pretty much going to be a full drag car. I may take it to a few car shows and meets but that would be the only time it sees the street. As for a time line on the car I'm not really sure. Lol it needs some body work and paint. I may just do the body work myself and wrap the car for now. My step dad does paint and body work and my real dad restores cars. So I'm pretty set on paint and body work. lol I guess power goals are as much as I can make that will get me as close to running 7.50.

celica91gts
12-02-2016, 09:33 PM
The intercooler will really help you get to the 8 second range but 7.5 will probably take some internal work.

T-rav
12-03-2016, 12:18 AM
Yeah I'm thinking about running e85 also. I know that will definitely help.

fdbaxter
06-02-2017, 08:13 AM
Any updates? Just curious here if there are other perfomance mods you did on your car.