PDA

View Full Version : OBDii scanners

4thgenceli
10-25-2016, 04:37 PM
My CEL recently came on in the truck. I know what it is, I just want to turn it off and keep going (fuel cap issue). I don't drive it enough to fully cycle it.

I'm looking at picking up one of those bluetooth scanners so I can use Torque on my tablet/phone. I've seen where some Caldina swappers have setup this as well.

Anybody ever messed with this before?

I think I'm going with this scanner

https://www.amazon.com/Panlong-Bluetooth-Diagnostic-Scanner-Android/dp/B00PJPHEBO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1477412367&sr=8-4&keywords=bluetooth+obd2

METDeath
10-25-2016, 08:02 PM
I already told you to spring for a good one on Facebook.

4thgenceli
10-25-2016, 08:11 PM
Yes you did...but I know some folks here aren't on Fuc I mean Facebook.

I was looking through the thread on MR2OC about the guy that has it working with the Caldina swap and he used the BAFX adapter. It's a bit more but as long as I buy it from the original manufacturer I should be good to use it for either vehicle.

Nitro_Alltrac
10-25-2016, 11:40 PM
I've got a cheap one I picked up off Ebay to use on my truck and the kids van. I'm using Torque and it works good. It's doing what I need to do anyway.

donteatbugs
10-26-2016, 10:28 AM
I have bought many cheap ones, they are hit and miss. even if they have the same case on the outside the boards seem to be different on the inside. But i've only had 3 that dont wont on my mr2. I usually end up selling them to people after I show them how it works. I really need to find a better one to keep though.

METDeath
10-27-2016, 01:57 AM
I have bought many cheap ones, they are hit and miss. even if they have the same case on the outside the boards seem to be different on the inside. But i've only had 3 that dont wont on my mr2. I usually end up selling them to people after I show them how it works. I really need to find a better one to keep though.

I'm super happy with my OBDLink LX.

Shadowlife25
11-04-2016, 08:04 AM
I will get the model of the one I use for you Tim. It was only $25 or so on Amazon and I also use Torque. Works awesomely well and have never had issue in any car I have plugged it in to.

4thgenceli
11-04-2016, 04:12 PM
This is the one I'm looking at.

http://www.bafxpro.com/obdreader/

MR220v has used it successfully with a ST215 swap to read codes and live data reporting. That's the ideal goal for me as well.