PDA

View Full Version : Lightened flywheel

locker
05-10-2016, 03:20 PM
Hey guys, Just looking for some thoughts and opinions.

In my parts bin I have a lightened flywheel. I am trying to decide whether or not I should use it when I install my Gen4 engine in my car. I've read a lot of conflicting posts on the advantages and disadvantages of running one and curious what you guys think.

The car isn't being built to be a racecar and driveability is a very important component to the build which is why I'm hesitant on using it.

Thanks,
Mike

ChrisD
05-10-2016, 03:34 PM
It's a great mod with virtually no downside in my opinion. I have run them in my cars and driven several others with them and and they truly do not impact daily drivability in any way. The engine will simply feel more responsive.

Go for it! You won't look back.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

celica91gts
05-12-2016, 01:07 PM
Its a really good mod. The only down side is your revs drop as fast as they climb now. It really helps for rev matching when downshifting for a turn too.

locker
05-12-2016, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.
I might as well use it as all its going to cost is the machine work to resurface it.
Most of the feedback I got both here and alltrac.net is positive. I was hesitant as I really don't want to pull the engine if I don't like it.