PDA

View Full Version : Water leak through the driver's door

Nitro_Alltrac
05-09-2016, 12:04 AM
I've got a water leaking coming in some how through the driver's door. About 8 months ago or so I noticed water on the door sill after a rain. Not much, just a few small puddles. It was one of those things I noticed but didn't get around to checking.

Until recently. Under the floor mat the carpet was damp and under the carpet was some surface rust. The carpet was only damp just adjacent to where I had been noticing the water.

I adjusted the window as it was somewhat loose after you started to roll it down. I adjusted the guides at the top and that took the slop out. My weather strip looks to be in good shape, solid, flexible and no tears. The window is rolling up against the weatherstrip fine. I conditioned the weatherstrip the other day with 303 Aerospace protectant. The outer weatherstrip is good shape as well.

The door drains at the bottom door appear to be open.

I pulled the door panel when I adjusted the stop and the back of the door speaker had some run on it so this has been going on for a while and it appears to be coming down that way. It looks like the water is coming in at the small gap in the door card just below the System 10 speaker.

Anybody had something like this happen or have any ideas of what to check? i would love to get this stopped.

CollapsedNut
05-10-2016, 04:13 AM
Do you have a pillar gauge pod? The one in my 4th gen messes with the window seal just enough to let a little water come in.

donteatbugs
05-10-2016, 12:55 PM
I have had this problem on my alltrac and mr2, never found a solution :(

Nitro_Alltrac
05-11-2016, 12:38 AM
I do have a pillar pod Matt and the water is showing up around there. I'll check that.

Ben, that isn't what I wanted to hear!

Unfortunately, I may have to live with it.

donteatbugs
05-11-2016, 12:38 PM
The only thing I can think of is the outside belt trim could be replaced. Thats $120 a side though.

bloodMoney
05-11-2016, 03:34 PM
The only thing I can think of is the outside belt trim could be replaced. Thats $120 a side though.

This is what I'm thinking as well.

Nitro_Alltrac
05-12-2016, 12:53 AM
I checked it this evening as we had a hard rain for most of the night last night. there was some water but not a lot. But there is water there.

I'm going to pull that belt molding and take a closer look at that. On the car, it still looks good but that could be it.