PDA

View Full Version : 2003 Celica GT Cruise Control issues

theaaronbush
03-24-2016, 07:52 PM
I've got a 2003 Celica GT and since owning the car, the cruise control has never worked. I've checked all of the fuses and everything seems to be fine there. When I press the button on the steering wheel to turn the CC on, should a light illuminate on the dash cluster? I'm trying to pinpoint if it's the switch that is bad or the clutch module under the hood.

Sent from my Samsung Note 4

Shadowlife25
03-25-2016, 12:08 AM
Yes, a light in the dash should indicate that the cruise is on (even if it is not set) when you push the button.
Speed sensor in the transmission may be another source of it not working.
Also there is a cruise control module (plastic box) that could possibly have failed.
Try hitting up a wrecking yard and grab one (Pay the extra so you can return it if it doesn't fix the issue) and see if it works.
Clutch switch and brake switch are other possible issues as well as failure of the actual mechanical module. Lots of things to drill down in the troubleshooting for this one. :)
Best of luck.

theaaronbush
03-25-2016, 12:12 AM
Yes, a light in the dash should indicate that the cruise is on (even if it is not set) when you push the button.
Speed sensor in the transmission may be another source of it not working.
Also there is a cruise control module (plastic box) that could possibly have failed.
Try hitting up a wrecking yard and grab one (Pay the extra so you can return it if it doesn't fix the issue) and see if it works.
Clutch switch and brake switch are other possible issues as well as failure of the actual mechanical module. Lots of things to drill down in the troubleshooting for this one. :)
Best of luck.
Thank you very much! With my luck, the last thing I change out will probably be the fix. I am not having a light come on the dash when I push the button.

MCcelica
03-26-2016, 05:25 AM
It is always "The last thing you fix" even if the last thing you fix is the first thing you fix.

Like Shadowlife25 said, it could be a number of things. Keep us updated with your troubleshooting, what helped what didn't, and we'll point you some different directions from there.

theaaronbush
03-26-2016, 05:59 AM
It is always "The last thing you fix" even if the last thing you fix is the first thing you fix.

Like Shadowlife25 said, it could be a number of things. Keep us updated with your troubleshooting, what helped what didn't, and we'll point you some different directions from there.
Thank you very much! I certainly appreciate it!