PDA

View Full Version : Ig1 and Ig2

Huaraches
03-16-2016, 05:13 PM
Ive been successful on the wiring on my swap but now im working on my buddies swap and he took out his stock ig1 and ig2 plugs and has the plugs from the alltrac gen 2.

Does anyone knoe if theres a source that say what those two plugs are for on a 1992 st184?

Or will it be okay to plug them up because i just have to do the body harness to the 22 pin plug for the ecu. And also reroute the FC pin so the COR functions?

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

CollapsedNut
03-17-2016, 01:54 AM
Do you mean IGf and IGt? IG indicates it wiring for the igniter, so you will need that.

Huaraches
03-17-2016, 01:56 AM
Nope im taking about the extra two plugs one white one gray

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

CollapsedNut
03-17-2016, 01:58 AM
Where are these plugs? Engine harness? Dash harness?

Izzy
06-05-2016, 12:05 AM
hes talking about plugs IG1 and IG2 they are part of the engine harness but plug in to the body side of the car near the ecu. you need to get the factory wiring diagram not a generic or "simplified" version you'll be able to tell the 2 apart very easily (this part was confusing the shit out of me for a while) the factory wiring diagram the wires are actually color coded not just black lines with color labels you can find the factory wiring diagram in the BGB, they also have all the splices and connection labeled and are one heluva lot more detailed than the simplified diagram (normally what you'd get from prodemand) any who you need those 2 run just make sure that all the wires from the engine from the donor car match up with the plugs inside the car. this threead might be helpful for you. http://www.alltrac.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=43342