PDA

View Full Version : EPA looking to turn the whole country into California??

Nitro_Alltrac
02-10-2016, 12:26 AM
I'll just leave this here...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/the-epa-wants-to-make-it-illegal-to-modify-your-car-for-racing/ar-BBpiaxz?ocid=spartanntp

pintoBC_3sgte
02-10-2016, 01:27 AM
Nice, looks like a bunch of moded cars are coming to Canada cheap!! Haha but seriously , this is pretty stupid!

andy
02-10-2016, 03:10 PM
Lol trying to enforce that in Alabama.

Murgatroy
02-10-2016, 04:36 PM
I modify my car for the joy of modifying. Not for competition.

Nitro_Alltrac
02-10-2016, 10:12 PM
I read another article on Autoweek's site and they contacted the EPA. They got like 5 different stories about what the rule is supposed to be and how it will be enforce. Sounds like our government on most things now.

SEMA is involved and hopefully makes some headway.

I'm waiting for the new cow rule. They'll either ban cows or require converters soon.

The Captain
02-11-2016, 12:32 AM
They have to pass the bill in order to know what's in it.

Nitro_Alltrac
02-11-2016, 11:06 AM
The even weirder thing is that they included this in the new emissions rule for medium/heavy trucks.

Here's the Autoweek article.

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/epa-proposes-greenhouse-gas-rules-converting-light-vehicles-race-cars-whats-it-all

Nitro_Alltrac
02-17-2016, 10:11 PM
Here's the latest that I read in MotorTrend. Rather messed up.

http://www.motortrend.com/news/epas-real-target-the-automotive-aftermarket/

crymson
02-20-2016, 08:21 AM
As one person described it "it's like banning bleach because a few people spray it on someone else's eyes" I'm really disappointed, since it's just going to mean that only classic muscle can be raced since the EPA cant enforce anything on cars before 1977, retroactive laws and stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

tuner4life
02-22-2016, 02:24 PM
Yeah.. Good luck with all that. I would hope that there are enough folks out there willing to commit to some civil disobedience.

The government says that they won't come after your guns (which I don't believe for a minute), but they make it very clear that they will come for your racecars. Only in the land of the free.. :2up:

The Captain
02-23-2016, 04:39 AM
This administration rocks. It's got all the problems solved ailing the US and now it can finally go after Spec Miatas. We're saved!

Car_Barn_Bandit
02-24-2016, 03:01 PM
This administration rocks. It's got all the problems solved ailing the US and now it can finally go after Spec Miatas. We're saved!

This administration? It's every administration. They all add some bullshit to make the next ruler a little worse.

The EPA okayed the toxic water in Flint. They currently regulate my car emissions in California while okaying 10,000 pound bombs being dropped on desert tortoises. They tell me methane is causing cancer, while listing the military byproducts in my drinking water as safe.

This is a scheme to force people to buy new cars. It's Keynsian bullshit.

Nitro_Alltrac
02-24-2016, 10:34 PM

He's got to get his legacy in place!