PDA

View Full Version : any one running ceika coilovers?

Izzy
01-31-2016, 10:38 PM
so i recently stumbled upon a company that claims to make custom coilovers for any car that have a few features that would cost us 5th gen guys big bucks. before you start going on about megan/bc coil overs id just like to say for a strict track car they just dont work/fail waaaay to easily to top it off this is for a 184 not a 185 so theres even less available... anyways to the point id like to know if anyone is running ceika coilovers or had heard of anyone using them? im trying to get some feed back on these as ive just stumbled upon them. my plan before i came across this was to run t3 camber/caster plates and custom made shock tubes, eibach springs and koni 8611 shock inserts. these ceika coil overs use inverted monotube double adjustable shocks with reservoir and fully threaded body for seperate height and spring pre-load adjustment. and they're rebuildable to top it all off, all at a fraction of what my setup would have cost with half those upgrades... ive contacted them about what parts they use but any info is appreciated!

MCcelica
02-01-2016, 06:57 AM
To my knowledge, nobody here is running those...

4thgenceli
02-01-2016, 05:12 PM
The guy that started making these did it out of community desire to have a more cost effective direct-bolt coilover set for the st162 platform. That I'm aware of the majorty of folks running these have some 16x platform. I think Zaleus is running them on his 165.

Izzy
02-02-2016, 01:07 AM
yea ive heard about it and read the build thread, im only skeptical about reliability/consistency because there is so little info on them, and you cant find dyno sheets on them anywhere....