PDA

View Full Version : 90 Celica, Door won't open...

Danielsc
01-20-2016, 12:37 AM
Hey everyone long time, Got a 90 Celica that the door won't open from the outside but will from the inside. I know once i take the inside door panel off i should see it, But thought someone could give me an idea before i get started on it what part i might need... Thanks for any help !!!😉

MCcelica
01-20-2016, 01:27 AM
It's tough to say, really. I mean you're right in that it should be pretty obvious when you get the door card off. Might just be that the cable to the door handle isn't connected.

Shadowlife25
01-20-2016, 01:44 AM
It is usually a broken plastic retainer clip or just the rod that has come loose. Remove the door card and you should see immediately which part is at fault.
Screws in the bottom of door, side and one under the arm rest as well as one behind the courtesy light and one behind the handle. Last two bolts are at the inside edge of the door.
That should be all of them. Best of luck and post back with your results.

Danielsc
01-20-2016, 08:29 AM
Thanks alot Showdowlife25 !!! Too cold now but will check when it warms up in a days i hope and let you know...

Danielsc
01-20-2016, 08:30 AM
Thank you too MCcelica....

Murgatroy
01-20-2016, 02:53 PM
The clip is like $2 at the dealership. I did this on Chaos like fifteen years ago.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

sefiro
01-20-2016, 07:12 PM
Mixed clips from Dorman and the like can be found at auto part store - they have worked as well on my celicas

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

The Captain
01-22-2016, 01:11 AM
Jump through the window. Bo and Luke style.

Shadowlife25
01-22-2016, 04:45 AM
Them Duke boys are really in trouble now.... :D

Nitro_Alltrac
01-22-2016, 06:47 PM
You maybe able to roll the window all the down and look down into the door with a flashlight to see if the rod is loose. I can see the latch and the rods in mine like that.

Danielsc
01-25-2016, 11:58 PM
Okay window fixed, Gable just came out of the plastic clip. But now i can't get the window knob with the gear on it too line back up. Do you just have too work with it I'm assuming til it lines back up ?��Plus i believe i took off more than i should have, Lesson learned...Okay on the handle their is like a spring loaded coil, Is it possible this coil could have turned on me the reason it's not lining back up for me ?��

Danielsc
01-26-2016, 05:20 PM
Okay i finely figured this gear thing out, What had happened is that the window handle had been rolled completely out of the gear that rolls the window up and down. And just in time before it's supposed too rain soon. But thanks too all that helped with the door handle clip that just came out. Didn't replace so hope it holds up...

Shadowlife25
01-27-2016, 01:37 AM
If it snapped securely back in place, you should be fine. It really is a super cheap part to replace and easy to get to though, you should do it. :) Glad it worked out for you.