PDA

View Full Version : Halp me Cel-evyTech!

4thgenceli
11-10-2015, 09:31 PM
Over the weekend I did a brake job on my sister inlaw's 2012 Chevy Malibu. There was some really weird tire wear on the passenger front. Both of the front tires had positive camber wear (outside edges of tire worn much more than inside) but the passenger though was really fucked. There were smooth spots on the 2nd pattern grove where there was no tread. It was worn through in exactly 2 spots about 15 minutes apart (if you look at the tire as a clock from 12-3 was smooth and then 6-9 was smooth).

After I was finished with the new brakes I went to seat the brakes and the passenger side front would continue to lock up before any other tire. Even normal braking I could feel the passenger front trying to lock up. Along with this behavior the brake pads were worn nearly 50% more than the driver side front.

I suggested they take it to the dealer for inspection on the ABS becuase that just screams all sort of fucked up to me. I rotated the tires for them so now the passenger front has a good tread wear pattern (for now). For what it's worth ... I noticed the strange braking behavior both before and after the rotation.

klapa
11-20-2015, 02:28 AM
Yea - if it has ABS then all bets are off - else I would think there is moisture/contaminated brake fluid causing these crazy results.

Murgatroy
11-20-2015, 02:36 AM
Shoulda bought a Ford.

4thgenceli
11-20-2015, 02:44 PM
No shit.