PDA

View Full Version : Cold Air Intake

buffalohunter7321
11-04-2015, 12:38 PM
I bought this 2000 Durango with a magnum V-8 in it and it gets about 10 miles to the gal. of gas. I just bought it to go out to Reno Nevada to pull a rust free FX-16 back home. I plan to resale it as soon as I get back from the trip. So here is my 2 questions, Would a cold air intake help improve the gas mileage and should I just run it straight up thru the hood or over thru the finder well?
Plan on making the trip around the end of the November. Any info would greatly be accepted.

90ToyAllTrac
11-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Since no one has replied yet. I'm not an expert but I think cold air just improves performance power. I didn't notice any MPG increase when I put cold air on my Mustang. And for 1 trip that seems like a lot of work and you probly wont get your parts money back on re-sale.

Just a thought.

4thgenceli
11-06-2015, 09:02 PM
Well if you put it up directly through the hood you won't have a resale value. Instead you'll be the laughing stock of the internet lol.

Second (coming from a Mopar owner) you won't notice any difference. I get between 14.3 and 14.8 MPG in my truck. It's a 2003 2500HD with a 5.7l Hemi and 5speed transmission. It doesn't matter what I'm hauling I still get the same mileage. I went from Phx to San Diego and back on 2 tanks of gas (one to get there and one coming back) while towing an empty car hauler one way and loaded on the way back.

buffalohunter7321
11-07-2015, 12:24 AM
Thanks brothers, from what you have advised, I'll just leave it as is, Thanks