PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone new to this forum thing

davidphillips969
09-12-2015, 07:55 PM
Hi everyone looking for some advice on my 2001 Celica 1.8 vvti on idle it sounds more like a corsa 😂😂 and when I go off on my business it's like a tappy noise even more noticeable coming off the throttle its not sure how to describe it really so done a quick video but can't upload it :( if anyone can help me out it'll be amazing :) Google takes me too the timing chain needing tightening but also been told it's camshaft needs replacing getting me confused now 😂😂 it's also got plenty of oil in

MCcelica
09-13-2015, 07:57 PM
If you're able to upload to another website, you can link it here. I'm not particularly familiar with what a corsa sounds like. I'm guessing it may be a bit of valve tick? The remedial action on this definitely depends on what's actually going on.

davidphillips969
09-13-2015, 08:01 PM
If you're able to upload to another website, you can link it here. I'm not particularly familiar with what a corsa sounds like. I'm guessing it may be a bit of valve tick? The remedial action on this definitely depends on what's actually going on.
I did try uploading a video but it wouldn't upload 😥 they're all tappy from the chain but this is basically tally on idle then gives like a raspy sort of noise from engine when leaving go of throttle at about 2.5-3k rpm

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

4thgenceli
09-13-2015, 11:10 PM
Upload it to Youtube and then post the link.

davidphillips969
09-14-2015, 01:31 PM
Upload it to Youtube and then post the link.
I ain't got a YouTube account 😥😥

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

MCcelica
09-14-2015, 07:41 PM
If you make a publically available video on Facebook, you can do that as well.