PDA

View Full Version : Where do you guys shop for your toyota parts?

BlackDragon
07-20-2015, 07:29 PM
Is there a vendor or an online Toyota dealer that gives a good discount? My local guy gives 20% off, maybe 25% if I sweet talk him, but I heard there are online shops who give discounts in the mid 30's. Any suggestions?

Murgatroy
07-20-2015, 08:27 PM
The junkyard or parts cars are my favorite places.

I don't think I have put an authentic new from Toyota part on Chaos since the plastic sock for the door handle fix fifteen years ago.

The problem with 5th Generation and back is that most of the parts have been discontinued, making finding parts difficult at best. There are still some parts in stock, but as the cars get older, more and more parts are unavailable new.

BlackDragon
07-20-2015, 08:42 PM
I'm looking for mostly mechanical parts. Hopefully they still make those, lol. I need axle and pinion seals on the diff, timing belt job, tune up, stuff like that. I know the oddball stuff is definitely gonna be a junkyard

METDeath
07-20-2015, 09:45 PM
Well... there is this one (http://www.celicatech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?137-Lithia-Toyota).

Nitro_Alltrac
07-20-2015, 09:46 PM
I haven't had problems getting mechanical parts. I have to say that Toyota is good about having parts for the older models still in stock, especially compared to a lot of the other OEMs.

I've used several of the online Toyota parts sites. Most have very similar pricing. Definitely try Lithia Toyota. They're a sponsor here and a lot of the folks have used them with good results. They're also really good to answer questions and check availability as well.

Luni
07-21-2015, 07:52 PM
Ill not recommend ANYONE on here but Lithia Toyota. Theyve treated us very well.

Shadowlife25
07-22-2015, 04:27 AM
Lithis has always been good to us as a forum and personally they were great to do business with as well. Highly recommended.

MCcelica
07-23-2015, 07:56 PM
Well... there is this one (http://www.celicatech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?137-Lithia-Toyota).

I will not refer people to anyone but the guys that METDeath linked to. When did my transmission and a bunch of other stuff, these guys knocked it out of the park. They helped me get my part #'s straight, got everything shipped to my door, and still did it for under the price than my cousin could have gotten from the dealership that he worked at. Granted I still blew like 5 grand on parts, but that was still, quite literally thousands less than I could have gotten locally. Plus they threw in a sweet TRD bottle with a camouflage coozy. Lol, but yeah, seriously. Those dudes rule.

Luni
07-23-2015, 10:22 PM
^Thats Lithia.