PDA

View Full Version : Where are the st165 exhaust options?

BlackDragon
07-09-2015, 01:58 PM
I want to put a full 3 inch system in the car, but I can't find any manufacturer who still makes it for the St165. I can't for the life of me find a manufacturer that still makes the 3 inch down pipe with the right flange. Some of the eBay ones say they fit, but it's a 6 bolt flange, so that is bs. Does anybody know of one still being produced?

At least It seems like mid pipe and muffler are usable from an st185. But even then, options are super limited. I'm only finding obx or hks. And one guy makes a mid pipe for a huge chunk of change. That's all I'm finding.

Anybody know of something still being made that is maybe obscure to find?

4thgenceli
07-09-2015, 03:09 PM
I can't speak to if there is anybody still manufactuering them. You can find used ones come up for sale from time to time across the Celica communities. For Jasmine (my old swapped ST162) I took it to an exhaust shop and had a full 3" exhaust built from downpipe back. It sounded great.

BlackDragon
07-09-2015, 04:31 PM
looks like I'll probably have to do the same. But I have to find a downpipe at least, to get me started.

What muffler did you use? I'm going to start researching mufflers that produce a very low, deep tone. I hate the raspy/tinny fart can sound.

METDeath
07-09-2015, 06:26 PM
looks like I'll probably have to do the same. But I have to find a downpipe at least, to get me started.

What muffler did you use? I'm going to start researching mufflers that produce a very low, deep tone. I hate the raspy/tinny fart can sound.

I can't speak for a turbo application, but I had a Flowmaster 40 series on my 5S-FE and it sounded nice... loud, but nice. I could set off aftermarket car alarms (vibration).

4thgenceli
07-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Here's the exhaust I had on my ST162. It had a ST215 motor (gen4 3sgte) and a 3" exhaust from the downpipe all the way to the back. The muffler was a Magnaflow Street Series muffler.

mmeqRNAhDpQ

BlackDragon
07-10-2015, 07:47 PM
Ats responded, no go for them. Waiting on an answer from berk

BlackDragon
07-13-2015, 12:57 AM
I'm at a loss for finding a downpipe for this car...

4thgenceli
07-13-2015, 12:59 AM
To widen your options you can swap out the stock ST165 manifold for a ST185 manifold. There's more support for the 2nd gen motor than the 1st.