PDA

View Full Version : ABS problem please help

celica9303
06-14-2015, 07:21 PM
Yesterday I took the Celica down to Columbus OH for a Toyota meet. Ran great, drove great all day, felt good to take it on a couple hour drive.

On way home about 45min out from home I turn on a country road, no clue where I was exactly as I was following my gps, and down to road a ways there was a raised section on pavement /concrete with no signs around notifiing drivers of a hazard. Needless to say I hit it dead on at around 60 mph. Bone jarring hit, it shook the whole car. Thought for sure both of my front wheels where trashed, pulled off to the side. They didn't look much worse than they did before, maybe slightly more bent but not much.

As I sped back up the yellow ABS light in the corner of the cluster came on and stayed on. Any thing I should look at in particular? Could the hit have broken a sensor? Gonna attempt to pull the codes in a little bit. Hopefully it's something simple.

Thanks

4thgenceli
06-14-2015, 10:13 PM
If you hit something doing 60 I would say have a good close look at the sensors. I just dropped the rear end on a 165 and dropped a 14mm wrench about 3' onto it and it snapped (the sensor).

celica9303
06-14-2015, 10:51 PM
If you hit something doing 60 I would say have a good close look at the sensors. I just dropped the rear end on a 165 and dropped a 14mm wrench about 3' onto it and it snapped (the sensor).
That's kinda what I'm thinking also, after dinner I'm going to the garage to check it out.

celica9303
06-15-2015, 02:33 AM
Well I no longer have the abs light on, weird. Can't seem to figure out which connection is the abs service connector, the photo in the bgb is very vague to get in to abs diagnosis mode. But I did manage to pull a code 41(throttle position signal )

celica9303
06-19-2015, 04:27 AM
Well I got it into service mode for the abs. Pulled a code 31, 36 and 37. Rf wheel speed sensor, and both rear. Yippee. .... also when I put the key to accessory position. After the bulb check the abs light flashes on and off constantly. Hmmmm

Shadowlife25
06-20-2015, 07:49 PM
Check the sensors for broken wire connections near the base as that is the most common break point. If this is the case, it can usually be fixed relatively easily. (solder and a bit of epoxy will do it)
Ensure that the little pickups that the sensor uses for its signal are still in place.