PDA

View Full Version : Installation of Viper 5706V 2-way Alarm and starter in the RC

sodap0p
05-28-2015, 01:45 PM
Hey guys,

So It's been awhile since I've been on here but I wanted to share something today.

I've finally managed to get this starter/alarm to work after a week of tinkering, but only after disconnecting a little blue Toyota box under the drivers side dash (near the fuse panel).

What was happening:
I installed the alarm and starter but when I tried to start the car (with key or the remote start) It would hesitate and it seemed like the starter was not getting enough juice! and on the second try, weird sounds, and subsequent tries the car seemed dead and almost seemed like a dead battery condition. No matter what I did after, the car would not start (with the key or starter). I was confused, I had removed the old alarm that came with the car, it was a POS Titan 2 way but it used to work fine (minus the false alarms, which I couldn't figure out why they were happening all the time). After installing the VIPER, I was able to determine it was a faulty hood pin switch because of the keyfob notifications. Anyway, long story short, after unplugging the little blue Toyota box I wasn't having anymore of the issues noted above, the car starts and stops fine and the alarm works perfectly now. I guess I am posting this to help anyone that runs into a similar situation!.

Cheers all!!

Steve

sodap0p
05-30-2015, 05:37 AM
okay...so that little blue box being disconnected seems to prevent my headlights from popping up ��