PDA

View Full Version : 91 GT Security System

Toytuner
04-22-2015, 07:05 AM
Hey guys i just recently picked up a 1991 GT Liftback. It has one of the toyota security systems installed in it. Its NOT the RS3000 model but the BABMW-8171 model. Its part number is 00398-00921. I dont have the fobs for it and im having a bit of trouble finding the proper fob. Does anyone know what the part number for the fobs for this model alarm? Or better yet does anyone have a fob with one of these alarms in their Celica Could u get me the part number off the fob? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

MCcelica
04-24-2015, 08:35 AM
Oh man... that's obscure. I would suggest posting this in the Lithia Toyota forum. I doubt they would be able to actually get a hold of one, but they have the DB of part numbers.

Shadowlife25
04-27-2015, 02:54 AM
It is an old system. Remove it and never worry about it again.
If you care that much, all you need to do is find out what the programming procedure was for that model of "alarm" and the frequency range of the remote fob and then get one that works on that frequency.
Like I said, I would just take it out. Those things worked for shit anyway. If you want a fob for unlocking the doors, there are much better and proven reliable options for cheap now. Use one of them.