PDA

View Full Version : 91 Celica AT180 (ST) Fuel Tank Filler & Breather Tubes at Back End of Tank

93celicaconv
04-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Anyone replace the short tubes coming out of the back of the fuel tank (filler tube & breather tube)? Reason I'm asking is my breather tube started leaking just a short distance away from where it comes out of the tank, and is corroded badly. I have a west coast used tube assembly coming out that looks to have excellent metal on the filler system, but I wonder how bad it will be getitng the screws out that hold the old tubes in the tank (with the flanges/gaskets). I have a feeling the tube flange screws will snap off when I try to remove them to get the tubes pulled out of the tank. Wisconsin winters/salt roads, you know. Anyone had done this before and can provide some ideas if this is even possible?

93celicaconv
08-06-2016, 04:07 PM
This is old, but I did the swap, and while the Phillips heads on the screws were hopelessly rusted over, a small vice grip broke the screws free and they came out easy. The fuel tank seams were leaking also, so got a west coast tank also and changed all this out. Good as new now.

bloodMoney
08-09-2016, 09:18 PM
Thanks for coming back to update the thread! Glad it all worked out.