PDA

View Full Version : BGB

Javve
03-26-2015, 11:00 PM
I read that some are missing as they were just placeholders. What is a good resource to get physical copies? I need a couple that are missing and figure if I do end up getting them I may be able to scan them and send in a digital format for others.

Shadowlife25
03-26-2015, 11:31 PM
Ebay or Toyota are where most get their copies.

4thgenceli
03-27-2015, 02:05 AM
Ebay is the best bet. I have a whole soft copy of the 165 manual but I'd like a physical copy

Shadowlife25
03-27-2015, 03:02 AM
A physical copy is best for when you are right there working. Not much use to have it on a screen when you are covered in grease. ;)

You can always print out the relevant sections before starting work as well. All up to how you work.

4thgenceli
03-27-2015, 03:33 AM
Agreed. It's good for reference but nothing beats a physical

Shadowlife25
03-27-2015, 03:59 AM
Yeah, like for at home, I can print off a page or two for something small or maybe use the iPad, but for serious work, I dig out my book and have it at my side.

Javve
03-29-2015, 07:59 PM
I will have to check. I wouldn't mind a soft copy and then print it and/or take laptop out with a mouse that doesn't matter if it gets dirty.

Luni
03-29-2015, 11:50 PM
If it doesnt work at this point, chances are, its not gonna.

Javve
04-03-2015, 06:21 AM
If it doesnt work at this point, chances are, its not gonna.

Unless someone is willing to scan what they have and make a digital version, which would benefit a lot of people.

Shadowlife25
04-03-2015, 09:02 AM
Unless someone is willing to scan what they have and make a digital version, which would benefit a lot of people.

I don't think you understand what a massive time investment that is. It has to be scanned, uploaded, broken down in to individual chapters, organized, db and links created, made searchable....
As I said, a massive investment of somebody's time. People have jobs and families, that kind of time sink is just not going to happen unless someone is getting paid to do it at this stage in the game.

If it is honestly that important to you to have one, you really should buy one. It is the best tool in any mechanic's arsenal, whether professional or otherwise.
There are some available online elsewhere, they are just base .pdf from what I recall. If all you need is the info, they will work fine.

Best of luck.

locker
04-03-2015, 12:58 PM
I found a copy online of the 185 a little while ago. It was a download able pdf and works pretty well. I think I have the link link saved on another PC. I added a copy to my google drive so until I find the link if anyone needs a copy send me a quick email and I can share the file with you.
Michael dot Charles dot Lock at Gmail dot com