PDA

View Full Version : LEGAL HELP [I Apologize in Advance Please Read Intro]

DanteDemont
03-16-2015, 08:59 PM
INTRO: Okay i know this is deffinitely not the site to do this at, and i apologize in advance to all of my Celica Brethern, However i have been trying to find a forum based website that could publish questions/stories in a format like this for help. I know i probably wont get much help but if anyone could inbox me on where i could post this thread at, it would be greatly appreciated.

However here is my issue i am trying to DESPARATELY Solve for a loved one, being too young i myself have no experience in this, So if you can Advise, it would be beyond appreciated.

Issue:

''Having some trouble dealing with the law system and options about what i can do with this situation.

To start my father died abruptly of a heart attack, and my step mother is now taking control of all his hard earned work, assets, property, etc. She is giving all of the money and what not to her side of the family which is heavily addicted to drugs.
I Am the oldest and even though there was no will, everything is supposed to have been given to me. Ive lost everything but the only thing i care about is my fathers Guns, which was confiscated unlawfully by police without a warrant, due to my uncle who is a felon my father before he died took my uncles guns and kept them all together, however the rest of the guns are registered to people who are supposed to have them.
My father told me police came one time while he was alive asking for the guns and he told them to go away and in which case they did, all of sudden he dies, and they bully a women who is under alot of stress on many pills, and clearly not in the right state of mind. They confiscated not only my felon uncles guns, but my fathers guns, aswell as my grand fathers guns.
The police finally returned them, however they gave back the wrong guns, to my stepmother who did not tell them they were the wrong guns. My fathers guns were not returned and the guns that were was my grandfathers aswell as my felon uncles, however she took all of the guns and gave them to her side of the family, which i highly believe she is trying to sell them.
I have called a lawyer, Jack Turnbull about this situation, as me being 21, inexperienced with law, i have no idea what my options are.
I lost everything my dad worked hard to give me my brother and younger sister, and now we have nothing all i want is my fathers guns.

shortly after my father died, my stepmother made all of us children sign a form, that pretty much said we forfeit our right to fight for an estate or something, however these guns are not apart of that.
Please someone help advise me who i need to go to, how to do this or what research i can start doing to build a civil case against her, I just really want to obtain this collection they mean alot to me, and my father said they would be the childrens by word of mouth but since he died so quickly there was no will. However i have witnesses stating that was his will, but im just so emotionally distraught, and have watched everything my dad worked so hard for get pawned away for drug money by her family, i feel helpless, and i have no idea what to do, could someone please advise.

Fell free to email me, i just really need to figure out what my next course of action should be step by step...''

Again i know this is not the site to do this, however if someone could inbox me before this thread is taken down of where to go it would be a great help, or even advise in any way shape or form.
Thank you all so much.

MCcelica
03-16-2015, 10:11 PM
Lawyers man. Because honestly, where you live is going to have different laws then where I live. I could tell you the gospel for an identical situation, and if you go the same way I say, it could work out differently for you due to different laws. Just let the lawyer handle it. That's the only advice that can be given on a car forum.

4thgenceli
03-16-2015, 10:40 PM
Yeah pretty much what he said. Chances are because no will exists it'll go to probate court which then turns into a 'he said, she said' type situation in front of a judge and then the probate court will decide who gets what.

Mr.Shaun91
03-16-2015, 11:09 PM
My question is, why would you sign that form that basically fucks you out of anything your father worked for? She couldn't have forced your hand to sign it. With her having that form there is virtually nothing you can do no matter hoe much money you throw at lawyers. But that's just my opinion. And being that she is not blood, the courts would have handed you everything. Not her. The way I see it, and hope you see it now, is she has now, if that was a legal form you signed, just stole every cent and sentimental thing right out of your pocket.

Wish you luck kid.

Murgatroy
03-16-2015, 11:29 PM
And this is exactly why everyone should have a legal will...

Well that and the expectation that you only own what you physically own. I don't expect an inheritance from any of the worthless wolves that raised me other than the invaluable life lessons gained from watching them.

Murgatroy
03-16-2015, 11:33 PM
My question is, why would you sign that form that basically fucks you out of anything your father worked for? She couldn't have forced your hand to sign it. With her having that form there is virtually nothing you can do no matter hoe much money you throw at lawyers. But that's just my opinion. And being that she is not blood, the courts would have handed you everything. Not her. The way I see it, and hope you see it now, is she has now, if that was a legal form you signed, just stole every cent and sentimental thing right out of your pocket.

Wish you luck kid.
Not exactly, the spouse has rights too. There is the expectation that they will continue the lifestyle they were accustomed to before the death of the partner. Basically, unless something was specifically left to the child(ren) via a will or other legal document, the spouse has a legal right to pretty much all of it. Probate might see if differently if the disputed heirs can somehow prove a right of inheritance, but it isn't exactly easy.

I have been estranged from my father for more than thirty years, he has been married to his current wife for an equivalent time. Frankly I have no desire, and probably less right to any part of his estate in the event of his passing.

Mr.Shaun91
03-16-2015, 11:40 PM
:unsure: I would think that they would regulate such things. That way everything is not stripped from the true family member since there is no will. Just my thoughts. I have 0000 legal experience.