PDA

View Full Version : gen 2 3sgte Stalling and hesitating

Huaraches
03-07-2015, 10:36 PM
Motor cranks and starts but hesitates to do so. after it turns on it stalls. in order for it to really start and turn on is to give it gas and keep pumping the gas pedal.

MrWOT
03-08-2015, 06:23 AM
Major vac leak or bad afm

Huaraches
03-11-2015, 02:46 AM
Not sure were it will get. A major vacuum leak from. Everything seems to be sealed right. The afm is seems to be withing spec and also new. although i do hear a knock not sure if thats enough to make it stall out

Luni
03-11-2015, 10:59 PM
Check, check check.

This sort of thing is caused by major vacuum leaks (or just leaks anywhere in the intake tract), or ignition shit.

You need to pull the entire intake tract apart. Look closely over every coupler, for cracks, look at the intake elbows, etc. Just cause you cant see it while its on the car doesnt mean it isnt a problem. air leak and ignition are your 2 major causes of this behavior.

I have a boost leak tester I may be willing to send you for shipping to you and back to me when youre done. You stick it on the inlet of your turbo and pressurize the intake tract and you can see if its a boost system leak. You CANT use it to find a pre-turbo leak though.