PDA

View Full Version : Dragon hopes

CodyButtholes
03-05-2015, 08:50 PM
Im trying my hardest to make it to the dragon, but i have yet to fix my transmission, which i just ordered, i have to get to the bottom of my power steering problem. i definitely want to have that fixed if im driving it, also im probably going to be working everyday im there. im just not gonna go because screw it, IM LIVIN' LIFE.
i should be there in MY car, i hope i am, and i'll meet everyone soon enough.

Shadowlife25
03-05-2015, 10:51 PM
Your car needs to be fully roadworthy before making that kind of trip bud. Having an untested, freshly installed transmission is a big unknown.
I would say wait until next year, but if you make it out I look forward to meeting you.

Best of luck.

Murgatroy
03-05-2015, 11:06 PM
Just ride out with your brother if your car can't make it. The Dragon and the Skyway are aren't a joke, especially after a nine hour road trip.

MCcelica
03-06-2015, 08:54 AM
As with what the other two said.

It has happened in the past where someone made the dragon in a vehicle that wasn't up to snuff. He got pretty sad when we told him, "Sorry bro, not gonna replace your transmission on the side of the road with jack stands and hand tools." Both of those roads will beat the piss out of your car, especially if it's sketch on the build. It's good to have goals, and we hope you make them. But still take your time, get the job done right, and let the rest happen as it happens.

tuner4life
03-06-2015, 01:49 PM
Yep, definitely want to be 100% confident in your car before doing this. I've seen plenty of cars (even well maintained ones) have major mechanical failures on the dragon or skyway.

Azzazzyn
03-06-2015, 02:44 PM
everything with the car is golden, it made a 150-200 mile trip to us. engine is strong. as soon as we have the new tranny in, its going through inspection and all the other goodness. we'll be driving it up to the day we leave, to make sure it is good to make the trip