PDA

View Full Version : So this happened...

Shadowlife25
03-01-2015, 06:55 PM
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/kmlkkwm0gxoa5gc/AACi_KHYu1VbKmA4pABcUPGda

What I did yesterday.

Suck it Luni. :thefinger:

It was an ordeal. Not the work to drop it since there wasn't much of anything holding it in. Found out that I have no axles, no East/West Xmember, missing my rear driveshaft section and hold downs, no rear end.... so yeah whatev.

Blood sugar was constantly low yesterday in the 30s and 40s and no matter what I did it wouldn't come back up. I stopped insulin delivery on my pump for 6 hours all together and it finally got to a place where I was comfortable going to sleep. Still got woken by low sugar alarm at 5 this morning with a sugar level of 40. FML.

Anyhow, I went to the yard yesterday and didn't find anything worth grabbing really. Then went to my brothers house and swapped my wheels with the ones from the '88 (Mine were totally dry rotted and not holding air) and then dropped the motor out of it in preparation for refresh and swap into my '91. Next week I am doing a transmission job on my brothers Jeep and when that is finished and driving again I will have use of it while we fix my '91 to make it roadworthy again.
Looking forward to getting her in shape again.

4thgenceli
03-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Woot!

Way to go.

I gotta get off my ass and start on mine :(

Nitro_Alltrac
03-14-2015, 07:19 PM
Coming along good there Mario. Looking forward to further updates.

Shadowlife25
03-14-2015, 08:59 PM
I should be getting to teardown of the engine in the next 2-3 weeks. Next week is transmission swap in my brothers' Jeep. I was going to go today but my blood sugars are a wreck and I feel pukey so it will have to wait.

Once I get all the seals and parts from Luni I can break out the BGB and get to work on it.
I had originally planned to have my neighbor help me with the rebuild but he now has his grand daughter 3 days a week and isn't taking on anything other than simple oil changes and brake jobs now.
I did pull the turbine and unfortunately I am going to have to figure out how to get a new one. It has massive cracks in the exhaust port around the flapper and there is a lot of play in the shaft as well.
Not sure what I can do about that other than buy a new one but funds are just not there, so still trying to figure something out. I considered reusing the old 165 turbine that was in the trunk, but it also is badly damaged.

Luni
03-16-2015, 11:27 PM
Fuck your seals and parts bitch. And fuck your blood sugar and shitty health.

The dude buying my 20b has a 26 that I dont think has anything wrong with it. I can prolly get him to just let me have the turbo, or I can give him a discount on his shit for it. It may take a month or so to do, but I can prolly get you something. I know its there, I just dont know its condition till I look at the car.

Luni
03-16-2015, 11:29 PM
Wait. Arent you using the turbo that came on your engine? The 165-185 motor has a good turbo on it doesnt it? Why are you even concerned about a turbo?

Shadowlife25
03-17-2015, 12:41 AM
My stock 26 is leaky as fuck with middling shaft play.
The one on the other motor has shaft play and a few chunks out of the main wheel with deep cracks about 1" long radiating from around the flapper.
The stock 165 turbo that was in the trunk is also suffering from big cracks around the single entry flapper door.
If you guys think it will work out fine and not cause issue then I guess I can reuse it. *shrug*

I just want to get this shit done.

Luni
03-19-2015, 04:30 PM
Hell if I know if it will work out or not. You either wait or you run what you have and change it later. Or you fork out money and buy something that will work now.

METDeath
03-19-2015, 11:15 PM
I have one in my parts supply... not sure on the condition.

Shadowlife25
03-20-2015, 02:29 AM
Right on. I am just trying to get things planned out so that when I am ready to finish I don't forget something or reinstall something busted.
I am doing this on basically no budget so advice from you guys on what I can reuse is huge.

Thanks guys :)

Shadowlife25
03-22-2015, 08:19 AM
So, apparently there is a major snag.

The engine that we pulled, is NOT my RC engine and transmission.
I know because I had personally drilled the head to accept EGR to meet CA regulations for smog.
The one that we pulled out, is the exact same ST165 motor it got dropped off with almost 4 years ago to CRW.
I paid a bit over 2k for my RC engine set.
Now, I have no RC engine and transmission, no RC ECU, no RC AFM and am out $2,100.

To say I am disappointed and upset is an understatement.
All I ever wanted was my car back and what I paid for.

I am going to attempt to get hold of Josh again and see what he has to say about it.
Hopefully it doesn't take me months to get him to answer the phone this time.
I also hope he doesn't just tell me to get fucked. I sincerely hope it was an honest mistake, though who the fuck knows.
I'm just really, really bummed.

Sucks too because my brother and his wife said that we could do a teardown on the car and get it all fixed up.
I went over and knocked out a full transmission swap in my brother's big ass 1998 Jeep something or other today.
Everything was perfect from start to finish and the Jeep drives again. Brother is putting a new catalytic in it tomorrow.
The original one in there is clogged something fierce and has blockage so it has to get done.
After that, they were going to let me drive it while we restore my car.

I don't know what to think right now about my car, but my brother and his wife are awesome.

*Bill Murray from Caddy Shack voice*

"So I got that goin' for me..."

Nitro_Alltrac
03-22-2015, 02:11 PM
Damn Mario, that sucks. I hope that the guy isn't a dick about what happened to your RC set up.

underscore
03-23-2015, 05:43 AM
What the hell, I don't know your full history with that car/shop but how the deuce does an RC setup walk away.

Murgatroy
03-23-2015, 12:14 PM
Legs. Several pair.

david in germany
03-23-2015, 08:55 PM
I painted my rear diffuser with plasti dip. It was dark grey, now black. Not as cool as you Mario. :)http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/23/5be3a69e04839f1d4f85d8190ccbc564.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murgatroy
03-23-2015, 09:37 PM
I painted my rear diffuser with plasti dip. It was dark grey, now black. Not as cool as you Mario. :)http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/23/5be3a69e04839f1d4f85d8190ccbc564.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know a guy with a Saturn that can fix that for you...

Shadowlife25
03-23-2015, 11:11 PM
That looks really good David!

I thought about the whole plasti dip thing for the car but it is nowhere near time for that and I would have to do a ton of body work anyhow. :)

So here is the long and the short of it in regard to my RC setup:

I paid for it, Josh picked it up from Venus and brought it to his shop.
He lost the ECU and AFM somehow.
I said, try and get them for me when you can...
He had Marco "working" for him at the shop. I spoke with Marco a couple times.
He said he put in a new HG and water pump/timing assembly in the RC motor.
(This is after I had gone up there and drilled the head to accept EGR)
He then told me that he had installed the setup into my 165 but only by 3 mounts.
My North/South X-Member is missing.
They lost the set of new mounts that I had purchased from AllTracman78.
Once I finally got the car back and over to my brothers' house it took some time to get to working on it.
The RC Intercooler was there, so I assumed it was the correct setup.
Upon inspection this last weekend I confirmed that it is in fact the same ST165 setup that the car was dropped off with.

Josh has never been available by phone to me for the most part. It literally takes me months and months to hope that he will talk to me.

I could live with not getting my engine since now my brother said he will help me do a rebuild, but I really do need the transmission since it was the upgraded RC unit with the dual cone synchros and all.
The whole situation sucks balls.

That, is where we are now.

METDeath
03-24-2015, 12:22 AM
My 2 cents is that that clown owes you a RC motor, rebuilt, and installed with all the random misc parts to have a proper running car.

Or his shop set on fire with all the evidence pointing to him setting the fire.

underscore
03-24-2015, 01:14 AM
^ Agreed, sounds like he stole a shitload of money and parts from you. Make him replace them, or run his name/business into the ground.

Shadowlife25
03-24-2015, 03:56 AM
The work that was supposedly done was "done" by Marco, not Josh.
End of the day, nothing was done and I am missing parts. Like all of the ones I paid for.
I know that Josh is beyond overwhelmed and has no help anymore. Not even sure if his business is still operating to be honest.

i will keep trying to reach him and keep you updated. :(

david in germany
03-24-2015, 05:24 AM
:( best of junk man. It is like you trying to swim up a waterfall. If there are any parts that you just can't order there anymore, let me know and I will see if the local dealers can get them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shadowlife25
03-24-2015, 06:10 AM
Thanks David, much appreciated as always.

4thgenceli
03-24-2015, 04:10 PM
Josh is still active on MR2OC. He's been selling CT20b turbo upgrades recently.

Shadowlife25
03-25-2015, 12:31 AM
i just got off the phone with him.

I told him that the engine that was in the 165 is not the one that I bought since it clearly shows that it never had the head drilled for EGR by me.
He asked that I double check and told me that Marco fucked up so many things that he wouldn't be surprised if he managed to mess this up too.
He was nice about it and I am heading up there on Friday to go see if my engine is there. It sounds like Josh will make good on things either way as of right now.
That gives me a decent bit of peace of mind.

I will let you know how things work out.

Shadowlife25
03-27-2015, 03:55 AM
So not sure what is up, but it doesn't *look* like this is actually the engine that was mine. Can someone look at these photos and let me know if they see the EGR anywhere on there? I mean the part on the head. They are all the photos my brother sent me. He said that this thing has never once been apart. Which would mean that at the very least, it isn't the one that he and I drilled for EGR.

Photos to come.

Don't know why the photos won't embed, but here is a link to my dropbox to view them.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nflhfzmgdvm7fvo/AAAMDWggAfwdTW1v2Z2PVBema?dl=0

Shadowlife25
03-27-2015, 04:42 AM
I would really appreciate it if anyone online could have a look and let me know. I am supposed to be over there tomorrow and will not have time or ability to go to my brothers house first.

Thanks in advance guys. I should be up for maybe another hour or two. I can also check before I leave in the morning.

MCcelica
03-27-2015, 05:23 AM
Dude, after looking at those pics...

I just... I don't see anything EGR related. I mean there's stuff that's disconnected as all get out. But particularly in pic#2, I really don't see any holes drilled that aren't for intake manifold studs or the injectors...

ChrisD
03-27-2015, 10:13 AM
The intake manifold is definitely drilled for EGR in those pics. It's been so long since I've seen a USDM head, I forget where the EGR connects in the head. Hm.

ChrisD
03-27-2015, 10:22 AM
Ok googled it. Need a clear pic of of this area to see the egr port on the head. The egr is what is being removed here in this pic.

http://lovehorsepower.com/images/Regulator/EGR3.JPG

locker
03-27-2015, 02:24 PM
what the guys above said.
The intake manifold definitely a USDM manifold ready for EGR. The pic's posted don't have a clear view of where it connects to the head. There is one picture of the area but from the wrong angle.

Shadowlife25
03-27-2015, 03:38 PM
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

Luni
03-27-2015, 08:02 PM
Tell your brother to get a picture of the engine, if youre FACING the exahust manifold YOUR right hand side, the part to the right of the valve cover. Thats where the EGR goes.

Your intake manifold is set up for it of course, but none of those pictures show anything indicative on the head.

Shadowlife25
03-27-2015, 10:54 PM
I will ask my brother to take a couple more photos tonight when he gets home from work.

I just got back from driving all the way out there only to find that Josh apparently had to go to Portland Oregon.
He said I should have called him to make sure he was there.
I talked to him on Wednesday and we agreed that 1pm worked for him and he would be around.
I'm feeling a little bent just now. Spent money I didn't have on fuel and 4 hours in the damn car in traffic for nothing. -.-
Oh well. I guess I will call him this week and see what he says is a good time.
I just hope he doesn't flake this time because I for sure can't afford to go up there and come back empty handed twice.