PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

jamiesicard12
01-07-2015, 01:37 AM
Hey everybody! This might be a dumb question, but I own a 1994 Celica GT, and i'm trying to figure out the difference between the 94 GT and the 94 GTS. I tried searching for the answer, but it was all mixed, and some claimed there was no difference?

Any help/info is greatly appreciated!!

Murgatroy
01-07-2015, 01:49 AM
The 6th Gen GT-S was never released in the United States. I think Canada was the only country in NADM to receive them.

Thus my thought that they are absolutely no different than the GT just a higher standard trim is a moot point as I don't really know, as we never got them here.

jamiesicard12
01-07-2015, 01:52 AM
Thanks! That's what I was thinking. The engine is the same and everything, plus I have the liftback that they claim came with the GTS, just don't really understand why they would have the GT and GTS here if thier pretty much identical.

Murgatroy
01-07-2015, 02:02 AM
NADM the 6th Gen only got two engines, the 7AFE and the 5SFE. Coupe and Liftback. ST and GT in the US and ST, GT and GT-S in Canada.

Now, in the rest of the world there were more engines and trim levels offered, including the 3SGE and 3SGTE.

Once again, as we didn't get the GT-S, I can't promise there weren't differences, but I don't think there were any between the GT and the GT-S. The only thing I can think of would be like rear discs being optional on the GT and standard on the GT-S? Fogs optional versus standard?

Now on the 5th Gen NADM `90-93 the GT-S was liftback widebody, and only the GT-S (and Alltrac) came with that body style, the GT was coupe and liftback and the ST was coupe only. It could be that someone is mistaking the 5th Gen widebody liftback GT-S/Alltrac only option as a 6th Gen thing as well. The liftback was available on the 6th Gen on all trim levels, including the ST.