PDA

View Full Version : Instrument cluster, paint colors, other BS...

nerlins
01-05-2015, 02:48 AM
Well **** me. Got a new instrument cluster, and have realized the cables connecting the heat/air contraption are keeping me from removing the bezel in front of the original cluster. I'm in a long process of getting all necessary dash pieces and the f***ing dash top off, to get my cluster out.

I have a couple of questions. I've scratched some stuff. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me figure out what the color code is for my interior. It's possibly the shadow gray 1F4. Also, besides heater core, what would you replace if you were in my shoes: half/ most of the damn dash removed...Would rather not ever half to do this BS again.:zombie:

Thanks Guys. Ya'll's the best.

nerlins
01-05-2015, 02:52 AM
It's a 1992 Celica ST. btw. Would appreciate advice on finding exterior and interior color code info.

METDeath
01-05-2015, 04:17 PM
The cables are in two places, one is under the hood near the firewall and brake master cylinder directly in front of the driver's position, and the other is in the driver's foot well near the plastic/carpet meeting place. Both are easy to remove as there is only a small plastic cap holding the cables onto the mechanisms that control the hot/cold mix.

Tie some string to the end of each cable before you pull the cluster out to make re-installation MUCH easier. There are also clips holding the cable sleeves in place that will need to be opened that are near the levers they adjust.

nerlins
01-06-2015, 12:31 AM
Hmm. I did not realize this other cable was under the hood. Any advice on the interior trim color?

Facime
01-06-2015, 03:29 AM
factory color. painted interiors look STOOOPID!

Murgatroy
01-06-2015, 04:11 AM
The interior is molded in color, not painted. There is no 'factory color code' to match to paint for the interior. If you scratched it up, that is it, you have to replace it.