PDA

View Full Version : ? HID lights

buffalohunter7321
12-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Is there a thread or a site address that some one could give me or refer me too for what to do or where I can get HID head lights or Angel Eye Lights, for my 88 All-trac's?

acidice333
12-04-2014, 10:33 PM
http://www.norcalmr2.com/store/

Im going to be ordering another set eventually.

buffalohunter7321
12-05-2014, 01:09 AM
I wonder if they have a color in a light purple?

I see that they have a lite blue, but is it HID! If it is, these will go into the "THE BLUE".

I looked for a ph.# to call but did not see one.

Shadowlife25
12-05-2014, 04:22 AM
Honestly Jack, I would stick with the stock lamps.
HID look cool and all, but unless you have the correct housings and a normal color bulb set in them, you just blind other drivers on the road.
Also, they have to be properly aimed so that YOU can see without blinding other people.
Also check into whether or not the state of Ohio allows use of aftermarket HID lighting on road going cars.
I know that is an easy ticket for even a rookie officer to write if they feel like it.

Just my opinion on it.

METDeath
12-05-2014, 06:31 AM
The norcalmr2 housings are correct H7 projectors, you lose high beams, but hey, at least you have a proper retrofit.

acidice333
12-05-2014, 07:18 AM
when I talked Tom he said the latest housings had a high beam function, or u could get his special bulbs put in his older revision housings. From what he said, he was going to update the site about that but I guess he hasn't yet. I've had mine for years and I love it compared to the stockers or even the aftermarket clears with H4 which I'm using right now and they suck lol

The norcalmr2 housings are correct H7 projectors, you lose high beams, but hey, at least you have a proper retrofit.

crymson
12-05-2014, 08:24 AM
There's a guy on facebook doing full projector conversions for 18x (no idea if they fit the 16x). (Drew monk in the "Official 5th gen Celica" group). All he's doing is assembling parts from http://www.theretrofitsource.com/.

Just another option for you.

buffalohunter7321
12-05-2014, 04:08 PM
I bought a HID kit from some one on this site about 5 years ago. I have run them in my FX-16 corolla since I bought them. I was one of the first to have them here in my neck of the woods and have had no problems with the law enforcement so far. I know that the new cars head lights blind me a lot more than mine blinds them. As long as these kits are able to be adjusted, than there should be no problems with law enforcement.
What I like about the HID's in my corolla is how they aluminate the street or road signs.
That kit only came with the bulbs and wiring, balusters. I had to cut the old plugs that where used to plug on to the old head lights off, and attach the new blubs plugs for the HID's. I still had to adjust them so as to not blind other drivers. The only time I know off them being blinding to other drivers is when I am driving on the freeways with a medium between lanes, some times those opposite drivers flash there lights at me.
But having them set for me to see and not to blind on coming traffic, with only paint between us, my high beams are rendered almost useless.
That kit uses the old glass housing, so I could adjust them, with the new HID blubs, with no problem, to where they were good for me and the on coming traffic. Hopefully, the kit I get will be able to adjust in a similar way.
I am going through all the suggested sites and I like what I am seeing. I think so far I am leaning toward the Norcalmr2's kit but would like to see more sites before making up my mind.