PDA

View Full Version : Some of you dont have Facebook, and this is what this forum is for, so MR2 update

Luni
11-14-2014, 12:17 AM
Well guys, Ive been working on the MR2 lately. Anyone who knows me knows I bought it from Baby Bear about 4 years ago and it broke and Ive let it sit and done nothing with it while I kicked the tires and amassed parts for it.

Well, in the past month, Ive completed my list and gotten working on it again.

So as of right now its on my lift with the Gen2 out. The Gen3 body harness is all installed and all wiring has been completed, so the "swap" part is done. I just need to install engine/tranny and hook everything up.

So, I just got my transmssion back from my tranny guy today. Im running a Rev2 ST185 gearset in an SW20 casing paired to a Kaaz clutch type LSD.

For engine, Im stock Gen3 longblock with all seals and replacement things (like hose from hell, all gaskets, etc) done to it. Im running GSC 268 Gen3 high lift cams. For a turbo, Im running a super rare Blitz KL380v turbo. Its a direct bolt on. Its basically a reworked, upgraded CT20b. Its supposed to spool faster and stay on power longer, and the guys across the pond are reporting 200-230kw worth of power out of it (somewhere in the 280-310whp range at 15-17 psi but I should get that or more because of my cams - most of those guys I found numbers on didnt have cams. On a Gen3, these high lift cams do a lot for you). I have a Berk Gen3 downpipe, a Greddy IC kit with 1 piece RacerX hotpipe, Berk 1 piece coldipipe, and Ive deleted the blow off valve. I also have a super rare IMEC Sports Gen3 Romtune ECU that raises fuel cut, removes speed cut, and lets me rev to 7800rpm

Anyway, I have a box from Toyota coming with the final stuff I should need, and if all goes well, Ill be raising the engine up into it tomorrow night, or on saturday, and this weekend, I should be able to fire it up.

So theres an update for you guys, I didnt do a project thread, I dont have a bunch of pictures, but Ill post some more info about how it feels and runs after I get it back together.

VikingJZ
11-14-2014, 02:30 AM
Sounds like you have a fun time ahead of you. Looking forward to the progress

Luni
11-14-2014, 05:35 PM
And we wonder why the forum is dying?

One post.

This right here is why I dont post car shit on here anymore. Nobody gives a shit.

sloceli
11-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Quit being a wine whiny bitch. I don' t have the facebook so this is a nice update. Oh you never called me back either.

Luni
11-14-2014, 06:39 PM
Not being a whiny bitch, just saying. Theres all this active discussion in off topic about stupid shit not car related, but we have a car post in here, and nobody cares.

It just pretty much reinforces that this forum really is dying as an actual car forum.

MCcelica
11-14-2014, 07:29 PM
You don't have pictures. We like pictures. :)

andy
11-14-2014, 08:08 PM
All forums are dying as facebook groups makes it too easy.

On the plus side. Where are the pictures.

VikingJZ
11-14-2014, 09:29 PM
It really isn't just CT. All forums are in jeopardy.

I use the FB groups to find routes to sell things, but also unload things via forums.

I'm more active on forums than FB groups. But even then, I'm so busy that I'm in and out all day long online. We use FB for communication for work. It's easy and simple when we have customers.

BUT....shit...I usually just look things up on forums if I need to, share a pic from time to time, and ask a question if I haz problem.

Everyone here knows each other, and most of us are FB friends, but the forum is still a place to chat and hang out. I just have limited time. But a lot of people do.

I try to keep the dong pics off of FB, but if you want me to post them here....

VikingJZ
11-14-2014, 09:31 PM
And yes, in for pictures.

Luni
11-14-2014, 11:09 PM
Fine. Ill take pictures.

bloodMoney
11-15-2014, 03:10 AM
Woot! Pics!!!

MCcelica
11-15-2014, 06:33 AM
Fuck yeah, pics. :P

Murgatroy
11-15-2014, 07:27 AM
Glad to see someone doing something.

I am gonna be honest, after last month, I am really not feeling the whole car thing right now, it might be a while before I am back into the swing of things.

MCcelica
11-15-2014, 08:21 AM
The minute I clear some of this other stuff off of my plate (school), I will begin to get the wheels turning on my project. It's going to be the free stuff first: IE Draining the gas (Yes, I know. I didn't anticipate that this project would go anywhere near as long as it's sat there), dropping the engine, stripping the car to a rolling shell, and sorting the suspension. At that point we may move so it'll get towed to the new place. If we don't move, then we skip that. From there it'll be a full restoration done right, but with a swap for more powa.

That will be a thread with loads of pictures.

The Captain
11-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Posts on FB first then here. Then bitches about forum. Without pics. Fail.

In my defense my shizz is done, hence the reason I rarely post. Although I check in almost daily. "I changed my oil today!" or "Hey, today it started like it always does!" posts wouldn't be very exciting.

:)

T-spoon
11-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Too cold for car stuff, winter is when I hibernate. Now... if I had a heated garage and a lift... :hehe: (also, cool story bro)

Shadowlife25
11-15-2014, 07:30 PM
Glad you are finally getting the time to get your ride fixed.

Cunt.

Nitro_Alltrac
11-15-2014, 08:31 PM
Sounds like it's going to be a beast.

david in germany
11-16-2014, 08:26 AM
And we wonder why the forum is dying?

One post.

This right here is why I dont post car shit on here anymore. Nobody gives a shit.

Fucking diva...

awesome to hear you are getting the 2 back on the road. 😊 it has been too long since we had a "fire in the MR2" thread. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KoreanJoey
11-16-2014, 09:14 AM
Yeah no pic no care.

Luni
11-16-2014, 05:30 PM
Theres the engine ready to go in. Baby Bear is giving it the finger.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vL_1I8T2B6o/VGg-sBbIbSI/AAAAAAAADgI/N3mQBUeTLAw/w473-h836-no/IMG_20141115_230527.jpg

Theres the car up on the lift, ready to accept it.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-STzCrItQS4Y/VGg-tcnPcII/AAAAAAAADf8/c5hn9qp6QV8/w473-h836-no/IMG_20141115_230532.jpg

Ill post more when its in the engine bay and ready to start. Maybe Ill post a startup vid.

bloodMoney
11-17-2014, 03:57 AM
Woot! I can't wait to see the vids when it's done.

For the record, I can't wait until I have a lift in my garage too

Luni
11-17-2014, 04:48 AM
So today seemed like it took forever for a bunch of little shit.

I replaced all the coolant lines in the engine bay, I had to cut and solder the 91 speed sensor wire in, I had to fix a few other odds and ends, I set Emily to the crossmember and engine bay with a bottle of simple green and she cleaned it up alot. It looks much better in there.

Engine is now hung. AC is a bitch to retain and keep in the car while doing an engine swap in an MR2. We got it though. So, I still need to connect up all the coolant lines, and the shifter cables, install the ECU, and run grounds, fill engine with oil, coolant, install front and rear mounts, and fit the crossmember, and start it.

I work slow, Ill admit it. But next session of working on it, I should be starting it.

Shadowlife25
11-17-2014, 09:29 AM
Nice work fag.

Tell Baby Bear to wear the blue gloves next time so we can see him flipping shit off or at least to line up his bird giving with the red painted parts so it stands out. :P

Glad you made progress and quietly hoping all goes according to plan.

MCcelica
11-17-2014, 03:01 PM
Wewt for pics, cause I don't read. I was hoping for a pic of you jamming an engine up in its ass in a homo-car-otic way, but I'll take what I can get.

Either way, though. As far as the work itself goes, I have a saying for that. "Slow is smooth, smooth is sexy". Taking your time to get it right helps with not having to go back and fix shit later, when it's much more of a pain in the ass to do it. Work as slow as you need to, and git 'er done right the first time.

donteatbugs
11-17-2014, 07:07 PM
You do the slowest work ever...but you are doing it at least

The Captain
11-17-2014, 09:34 PM
Theres the engine ready to go in. Baby Bear is giving it the finger.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-vL_1I8T2B6o/VGg-sBbIbSI/AAAAAAAADgI/N3mQBUeTLAw/w473-h836-no/IMG_20141115_230527.jpg

What is that brown stuff at the bottom of that finger?

ChrisD
11-18-2014, 02:41 AM
Nice! About time. Super interested about that turbo. I always like seeing how different setups run.

Luni
11-18-2014, 08:59 AM
I took the day off tomorrow (today) so hopefully Ill get the bitch to start by the end of the day today.

BabyBear
11-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Nice work fag.

Tell Baby Bear to wear the blue gloves next time so we can see him flipping shit off or at least to line up his bird giving with the red painted parts so it stands out. :P

Glad you made progress and quietly hoping all goes according to plan.

Fuck you I won't do what you tell me!

BabyBear
11-18-2014, 04:04 PM
What is that brown stuff at the bottom of that finger?

You should know by now :P

VikingJZ
11-18-2014, 04:55 PM
I want that garage.

And I'm really surprised that every pic from now on doesn't have a flipped bird.

BabyBear
11-18-2014, 07:07 PM
I want that garage.

And I'm really surprised that every pic from now on doesn't have a flipped bird.

If Bob would have taken more pictures that night there probably would have been. I was flipping everything off as soon as we were done with it. I even took a picture of me flipping off his roommates coolant leak on his M3 and sent it to him. Who the fuck has a badass supercharged M3 making all kinds of horsies and yet still let it have a coolant leak?

This car better start today Bob, or else. Cunt.

VikingJZ
11-18-2014, 08:28 PM
Thundercunt?

The Captain
11-19-2014, 01:09 AM
I needz a ride in that. Hurry up!

Luni
11-19-2014, 05:04 AM
It starts. It runs.

Minor shit to work out, but it seems OK.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1MlzuyY4pM2UUZKOHVIRXlvOTQ&authuser=0

Shitty microphone. Noise cancelling. Short video. No exhaust or intercooler piping hooked up. But it is running. Oh, and its like... OUT of gas. So I need to get it back together and drive it to the pump, OR get a can of gas and put some in. Cause its like... OUT LOL.

Luni
11-19-2014, 08:34 AM
So, somehow stripped the threads out on my driver side hub where the balljoint connects, so I need to get a longer bolt and a nut so I can at least drive it and put some miles on it.

I need to buy new rear hubs anyway, so Ill get on that. And I still have a goddamn oil leak from under the lower timing cover prolly from the fucking pump somewhere, but Im kinda hoping that heatcycling it a few times will take care of it (I havent had my oil up to temp yet, theres no way I could, it was being idled and slightly revved. I need to drive it and put some heat to everything and see if it is still there). I replaced like every seal in the engine, so Im really hoping I didnt fuck up the oil pump seal.

I also have some odd harmonic rattle somewhere. Right above idle, between like 1.5 and 2k rpm its this really fucked up rattly sound. Now, I didnt have my front crossmember bolts tigtened down to the chassis, and I suppose if the engine was transmitting any vibration through the mount into the crossmember that could have been rattling around, and I havent started it since I tightened those down.

So, I still need to install my 2 intercooler pipes and fix that balljoint mount. Once that happens, I can drive it down the street to the gas station.

If the oil leak doesnt go away, and I cant figure out my harmonic problem, Ill prolly take it to my buddy Trevor and pay him to tear it back down and figure it out. I dont know that I want to fuck with it anymore. He knows his shit, and he wants to do sidework to pay for some upgrades to his alltrac (hes the one with the 900awhp trac in Utah, username tjdouble007 on alltrac.net. Good bro)

Anyway, yeah. I still need to reinstall my lockbox behind the passenger seat, and reinstall the passenger seat itself. And I need to put my interior back together from running the Gen3 body harness. My stereo is ripped out, so that needs to go back in, and it needs new tires.

So, its definitely a project for next spring, but at least I start with a running car.

Oh, and I didnt know, before, but my turbo, pretty sure its dual ball bearing. It spins down after I shut the car off. The only time Ive ever heard that sound in the past is with DBB turbos. So, bonus there. Im exited to get my ignition timing set, and go get some gas and give it some beans to see what the bitch can do!

ChrisD
11-19-2014, 01:56 PM
Good job dude. It's easy to miss one of the oil pump bolts, could be something there. That turbo, cool, lie that sound.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

MCcelica
11-19-2014, 03:04 PM
Videos are better than pictures. :)

Still sounds like a lotta work, though.

Luni
11-19-2014, 06:56 PM
Oh.

Its a Blitz K1-380v.

And it definitely is a ball bearing turbo.

BabyBear
11-19-2014, 07:04 PM
And its a racist turbo. Bob, your car is a god damn racist.

Luni
11-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Just join the KKK already. Stop being a cunt.

VikingJZ
11-22-2014, 07:41 PM
My pants are tight

Luni
11-23-2014, 07:16 AM
Actually maybe it isnt ball bearing. Brian and Baby Bear dont seem to think it is. You can hear it spin down, but It only spins for like 5 seconds. They say Brians spins for like 20 seconds.

So I did some more work on it today. Pulled the passenger side apart, and found my "harmonic rattle". Its my timing belt. It seems my tensioner is bad and something in there is rattling, and my belt is slapping. There is a fair amount of deflection on it, it wasnt very tight.

So, I called Trevor and he taught me how to remove the belt while keeping it in time, the easy way. He said you can sometimes cheat, and elongate the holes so the tensioner slides toward the pulley and puts more tension on. So I took it off, an filed a slot to elogonate the holes, and it helped, but not a lot. The belt is tighter, and the rattle doesnt seem as pronounced, but it still rattles and the belt is still looser than Id like it to be, considering Ill be spinning that bitch up to 8k.

So, I need to order a tensioner from Lithia and redo the timing. Good news is Ive become pretty good at changing the belt while engine in the car, and man its so much eaiser with a lift.

I also found my oil leak. It SHOULD be easy to fix that too. Its coming from the pulley cover. So I should be able to just pull the cover off and put some FIPG on the seal and put it back on and that should go away too.

So, I guess progress is being made. Slowly.

Ugh.

MCcelica
11-23-2014, 03:05 PM
Belt slapping is much more fun in other contexts...

VavAlephVav
11-23-2014, 09:28 PM
Do you guys have your own facebook page for Celicatech?
Really, I use facebook to keep in touch with people I haven't seen in 20 years and to troll my relatives, but even with a fiber optic broadband the site just drags and crashes all the time and I'd rather look at forums.
Furthermore forums help preserve old data in a much more searchable way than facebook will.

Luni
11-24-2014, 01:06 AM
No we dont, and I wont make one. Pointless if Im already paying for this place.

ChrisD
11-24-2014, 03:18 AM
Good stuff. Keep going. Always kind of a bitch when you thought it was done. I've got as coolant leak on mine I have to deal with, but at least it's winter so I can take my time now. Hope that leak is straight forward for you. With a lift it's so nice though, you can get in there in literally minutes.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Luni
11-24-2014, 08:01 AM
Yeah, I shouldnt have much problem with it.

I just hope that it IS that and my problems go away after I fix it.

Im looking forward to quite a while of enjoyment of the car. I understand if my turbo frags, cause its a used piece with no known history, but the rest, little shit like oil and coolant leaks need to fuck off. I dont want to be fixing that shit all the time. I replaced all those coolant lines and oil seals so I wouldnt have to.

locker
11-24-2014, 01:30 PM
Amazing how time flys. Last time i was active on the forum you were putting a Gen2 in your MR2 and now you're doing the gen 3 swap almost 10 years later... Wow 10 years.. Crazy!
progress looks good. I've read some good things about the "reworked 20b"

Luni
11-24-2014, 07:46 PM
Yeah, 10 years gives you a career and money advantage if you take measures to do so.

I can actually afford this stupid car now. I never could before. It was always a struggle just to keep it running when I only made 15k a year LOL.

Grot
11-25-2014, 03:06 AM
Luni Owns an MR2?

I dont think it has ran since i joined the site...

Murgatroy
11-25-2014, 03:20 AM
This is his second MR2, he bought a running one from Baby Bear.

BabyBear
11-25-2014, 04:25 PM
And then no more than 3 months after he bought it, the clutch he told me to buy for it when I had it decided to strip all of its splines off and not work anymore. I think Bob's cursed.

Nitro_Alltrac
11-25-2014, 04:58 PM
^He does kind of have that voodoo shaman look...

celica9303
11-25-2014, 06:20 PM
Nice work buddy! You'll have a great smile once you get on the asphalt

Luni
11-25-2014, 07:34 PM
Going to go to Ace hardware today and get some m8x1.25 x40mm studs and nuts and lockwashers. Gonna replace the bolts for the timing belt tensioner with studs, so its easier to slip over. Also going to pull my oil pump cover off and reseal that and get the timing belt reset for when I get my tensioner, all I need to do is stick it on, tighten it down and pull the pin.

Hopefully the new tensioner is the trick and no more belt slap.

VikingJZ
11-26-2014, 05:28 PM
Tracing leaks in a tight engine bay like that sucks ass. I really want a lift, but the garage is too low.

UtahSleeper
11-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Nice. It will be good to even have the possibility of seeing older Toyotas on the road.

KoreanJoey
11-26-2014, 06:45 PM
http://www.maxjaxusa.com/

burnyd
11-30-2014, 04:56 PM
Yeah, 10 years gives you a career and money advantage if you take measures to do so.

I can actually afford this stupid car now. I never could before. It was always a struggle just to keep it running when I only made 15k a year LOL.

y u so angry all the time.

Luni
12-01-2014, 04:16 AM
U mad bro?

So got an update. Got the tensioner and oil leak sorted. Pulled the belt off, replaced tensioner bolts with studs, nuts and lockwashers, pulled the oil pump cover (where the gear is), and added some FIPG to where I could see the seal touching, so just traced it (really well I might add LOL), and put it back together. Got the belt back on, new tensioner back on, etc. Timing is good, tension is good, it seems to be as good as its gonna get.

So I put everything back together, and got as far as installing the intercooler piping. My coldpipe to throttle body inlet coupler dont fit. Gen2 is smaller than Gen3 on the inlet, so I had to order a coupler. I also need to find someone locally with a TIG welder who can weld in an aluminum bung I can srew an NPT barb into, so I can connect my AC Idle up VSV (yeah my AC works in this car).

Heres a pic. This was after I testfit my TRD bar to see if it woucl clear my hotpipe. It does. By like... a quarter of an inch.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-OleR2319g_o/VHupv_KRFJI/AAAAAAAADj8/0b1oy16CnhQ/w1024-h1810-no/IMG_20141130_163516.jpg

Im digging the way it looks. Its pretty.

VavAlephVav
12-01-2014, 05:08 AM
Sexy purple timing belt.

Shadowlife25
12-01-2014, 06:26 AM
Nice belt fag. :P

:D

locker
12-01-2014, 02:55 PM
lookin good

ChrisD
12-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Really clean

VikingJZ
12-01-2014, 07:37 PM
You could eat off of it.

Luni
12-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Its not quite that clean yet, although I am going through systematically and cleaning everything visible with simple green that I can get to. I really want this engine bay to stay clean. No oil, no shit. Just clean. I dont expect it to be as clean as Princess, but thats Ok.

MCcelica
12-01-2014, 09:55 PM
That's because "as clean as Princess" is not possible. She is actually a mirage.

Luni
12-01-2014, 10:43 PM
No, its definitely possible. Ill get there. Mine is about 1/2-2/3 as clean as Princess at this point. Just need to get into some obscure areas and get that crap out.

Luni
12-03-2014, 01:25 AM
I think there are a few small details to fix in my swap wiring. It would seem my AC idle up VSV isnt engaging with the AC running (although AC works), and Im not sure if my cruise control works.

My coupler arrived to my house today, Ill prolly get it installed tomorrow.

burnyd
12-03-2014, 03:09 AM
is that one of them der ah Kay Ess Thimin belts. In my best Murg voice.

KoreanJoey
12-03-2014, 06:32 AM
I was told by Taka Aono that (at least for 4AGs) that if you rev them high to avoid the HKS belt because the stiffer belt can actually wear the cam gears. Then again, we were talking 10-12K so you are probably fine.

Luni
12-03-2014, 07:06 PM
My cam gears are steel. The HKS belt is notorious for its ability to wear down aluminum ones.

But yeah, Im only ever going to rev to 8 on this build I dont have any headwork. So 8 is about as high as I could go safely.

burnyd
12-04-2014, 04:00 AM
What oil pump is on your motor?

Off topic but all gen 3 cams will fit gen 4 motors right?

donteatbugs
12-04-2014, 10:52 PM
not really. The intake cam end has to be threaded to hold the gen4 cam trigger wheel. The GSC cams have this

Luni
12-05-2014, 10:00 PM
Bernita, my pump is a stock Gen3 pump. It will be fine to 7800 rpm.

david in germany
12-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Luni Owns an MR2?

I dont think it has ran since i joined the site...

Yep, he owns an MR2 but has never really driven one. 😜

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

vip09
12-07-2014, 06:13 AM
Nice! I hope you are bringing it to the MR2Tech.com Dragon meet.

Luni
12-07-2014, 07:41 PM
I doubt that will happen. Although it would be the tits. I just dont know that I can take the kind of time off to enjoy it and still not burn out on driving (I wouldnt want to blitz across the country, Id want to take it a day at a time stopping at peoples cities on the way there)

Or I would just want to ship my car to Cappy, but thats an expensive ass mother fucker.

MCcelica
12-07-2014, 08:04 PM
I just blitz across the country. Crash out on the couch at my sisters place on the way out and on the way back. If she ever moves I'll be hosed.

Nitro_Alltrac
12-07-2014, 11:16 PM
So sis needs your approval before ever moving, correct Seth?

Luni
12-08-2014, 03:20 AM
So I drove it yesterday. Its running stock boost so it isn't very fast but it feels pretty good. It drives and handles great. Need to figure out why sometimes my gears are wonky. But overall it was awesome to drive it. Its off the lift.

MCcelica
12-08-2014, 08:39 AM
So I drove it yesterday. Its running stock boost so it isn't very fast but it feels pretty good. It drives and handles great. Need to figure out why sometimes my gears are wonky. But overall it was awesome to drive it. Its off the lift.

Hell yeah bro! And I'm sure you did, but did you check the linkage?

Luni
12-08-2014, 09:03 PM
Ive checked everything. I cant see anything really. It seems like it may be getting better, but it still is kinda wonky. I dunno. Its getting faster. Its like its breaking back in again. But Im just gonna put some miles on it, loosen it up, see whats what.

Murgatroy
12-08-2014, 10:39 PM
It could be that you have gotten used to the massive powah of your V6 Honda that makes only 1% less the power and fuel economy of a Mustang.

I understand that Chaos is slow, but OMG she felt like a horse drawn carriage last time I drove her. A carriage drawn by firebreathing screaming monster ponies with rainbow manes on rails, but slow nonetheless.

Shadowlife25
12-09-2014, 06:44 AM
I understand that Chaos is slow, but OMG she felt like a horse drawn carriage last time I drove her. A carriage drawn by firebreathing screaming monster ponies with rainbow manes on rails, but slow nonetheless.

Best quote ever.

MCcelica
12-09-2014, 08:57 AM
I'm... not even sure I know what that means...

bloodMoney
12-09-2014, 08:16 PM
It almost harkens back to the hate baby post.

Murgatroy
12-09-2014, 10:09 PM
Out of curiosity, other than me, who doesn't have a Facespace page?

bloodMoney
12-10-2014, 03:36 AM
That's a good question.

Unfortunately, there's no one here to answer you because they're all on facespace.

4thgenceli
12-10-2014, 03:40 AM
What?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bloodMoney
12-10-2014, 03:45 AM
Shut up and get back to laying tile Tim.

Don't make me go over there and start laying pipe.

MCcelica
12-10-2014, 08:24 AM
Anyway. More MR2 pronz...

METDeath
12-10-2014, 05:38 PM

You still have your Google+ page though... not that anyone really uses that shit.

Luni
12-11-2014, 07:21 PM
I dont have any more pictures.

Ill post before and after the buffing/cutting job when we do it.

Update. Got my boost gauge installed and set my controller. Running at ~17 psi. HOLY FUCK its fast. Like, retard fast.

MCcelica
12-11-2014, 08:33 PM
You can't say something like that and then not take it to the Dragon at least once, Lunifoo.

17psi in a deuce... Shit that'd be fun. Lol

Luni
12-11-2014, 08:39 PM
We will see.

ChrisD
12-12-2014, 02:46 PM
Vid? :D Are you driving it through the winter? Or roads still OK there?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

UtahSleeper
12-12-2014, 05:17 PM
Well, we haven't had any real snow, besides the mountains, so the roads are clear here and no even potential of snow for another week.

Luni
12-12-2014, 06:13 PM
I guess I could take a video. Ill have my GF hold the phone or something and take a video for me sometime soon.

Facime
12-12-2014, 08:50 PM

I have facebook, but none of you fags are friends, sooo yeah, without this place I have no idea whats going on

Murgatroy
12-12-2014, 09:10 PM
I don't Facebook. I use Celicatech, and then there are a select few that I text to keep up with.

Facime
12-12-2014, 09:18 PM
oh shit speaking of that, Murg, I lost my phone and had to get a new one and have a new number. I'll update my profile with it. :)

Galcobar
12-13-2014, 11:06 PM

Not here -- I actually see my friends on a reasonably regular basis and enjoy having things to talk to them about, while forums work better for me when it comes to talking with knowledeable people.

celica9303
12-14-2014, 01:31 AM
I have facebook, but none of you fags are friends, sooo yeah, without this place I have no idea whats going on
I'm your friend in Facebook hahaha

Facime
12-14-2014, 01:57 AM
^^I think you are in fact the ONLY one from here though, lol

edit: no wait, you and Demz are the only CT'rs on my facebook. So I guess I have to take back the word "none" ;)

Luni
12-14-2014, 07:11 PM
Add me fucker. Robert Jones. Layton Utah.

Facime
12-15-2014, 12:13 AM
^done

celica9303
01-02-2015, 06:25 AM
You break it yet?

Luni
01-02-2015, 07:59 AM
Nah, its up on my lift, parked.

It has a few issues I need to work out. I havent fixed the shifting problem. I have different shifter cables to install, and I need to tighten my alternator belt cause it squeals, and I have an exhaust leak from the manifold to head that goes away when its warm, so I think my manifold is warped.

Other than that, it drives great. Its fast as hell.

4thgenceli
01-02-2015, 02:47 PM
No video no proof.

Get a damn gopro! I'll send you mine to use for a while. I don't need it anytime soon.

Luni
01-05-2015, 10:25 PM
Dusty has a gopro. I just cant drive the car man. Its not legal anymore, and it is too damn cold and icy out to enjoy it. So you prolly wont see any MR2 shit from me until spring.

Murgatroy
01-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Dusty has a gopro. I just cant drive the car man. Its not legal anymore, and it is too damn cold and icy out to enjoy it. So you prolly wont see any MR2 shit from me until spring.

It is amazing how getting old kills shit like that.

Chaos has set since I got her home from NC. Why? I haven't called and got the insurance reinstated or the tags renewed. So I don't drive her.

Anyone that knows my history knows how funny and ironic that is.

Shadowlife25
01-06-2015, 12:49 AM
It is ironic, but understandable.

Still funny though! :D

Luni
01-06-2015, 11:10 PM
For me its just practicality coupled with the fact that I dont HAVE to.

In my younger days, my MR2 was my only car. I HAD to drive the thing in the winter, so I had to outfit it appropriately. However, now I dont need to drive it in snow, so I dont. It just isnt practical for me to deal with it.

Murgatroy
01-06-2015, 11:11 PM
For me its just practicality coupled with the fact that I dont HAVE to.

In my younger days, my MR2 was my only car. I HAD to drive the thing in the winter, so I had to outfit it appropriately. However, now I dont need to drive it in snow, so I dont. It just isnt practical for me to deal with it.
Shut up old man.

MCcelica
01-07-2015, 01:16 AM
If I had more than one car, I wouldn't have to drive my 7th gen on 3 functional brakes. So it makes sense to me.

Murgatroy
01-07-2015, 02:07 AM
If I had more than one car, I wouldn't have to drive my 7th gen on 3 functional brakes. So it makes sense to me.
Ask you wife if she can get your balls out of the freezer and give them back to you for a few minutes. After she has given them back to you, tell her that since you have the balls in the family, you will be taking her car until you get yours fixed. If she loves you she will understand that driving a car with a malfunctioning brake system is dangerous and may kill you.

If she doesn't let you borrow your balls to make your declaration, she hates you and is hoping you die so she can sell your Celicas and collect your life insurance, then she and your dog are going to the beach. To find a sailor.

MCcelica
01-07-2015, 02:34 AM
We both work. Maybe you should sack up and tell your wife to get a job, sucka! Then you'd know what it's like to not just be able to take hers when you want. We'll see how that works out for you. ;)

I do have a car I'm borrowing, though. Starting tomorrow.

Murgatroy
01-07-2015, 03:33 AM
I made my wife go back to work when my heathen went to school. She has been with Target for like four years. I still take her car when I want, but why would I do that, it is a Fiesta. And multiple spare cars, cause shit breaks, and I like to be prepared.

In this house, I make the rules.

BabyBear
01-07-2015, 04:22 PM
In this house, everybody likes the tuna here.

Fixed.

Murgatroy
01-07-2015, 08:26 PM
The heathen got mad when I told her to go to Fat Burger next time.

Luni
01-07-2015, 08:32 PM
Youre funny Murg. You make NO rules.

Your wife lets you keep your nuts in their normal spot, but she has the remote controller that overrides the manual controls.

Youre just as fucked as everyone else

Murgatroy
01-07-2015, 09:04 PM
Pssh, shows what you know, we let the heathen make the rules.

MCcelica
01-07-2015, 11:54 PM
My wife lets me go to the Dragon without her... Just sayin'...

burnyd
01-08-2015, 12:14 AM
Woah woah too icey I still recall the conversation about the mr2 being the best winter vehicle out there

Murgatroy
01-08-2015, 12:36 AM
My wife lets me go to the Dragon without her... Just sayin'...

I enjoy taking my family with me on vacation and including them in things I enjoy.

Plus you get to go without her because she won't go, not that she lets you go without here.

MCcelica
01-08-2015, 01:20 AM
She said she would go if I was interested in flying out. But why would I drive a renta car on the Dragon?

I also told her she's not allowed to meet you fucking weirdos.

Luni
01-08-2015, 09:32 PM
I flew out and drove a rental on the dragon. I also took my chick. But just us. :)

Murgatroy
01-08-2015, 10:05 PM
I flew out and drove a rental on the dragon. I also took my chick. But just us. :)

True story.

Murg's Phone: Ring Ring

Murg: Hello?

Luni: I am driving a Fiesta on the Dragon.

Murg: That is awesome.

Luni: Because fuck you bitch!

Murg: *crying*

Luni
01-09-2015, 11:54 PM
You forgot the "cunt!"

bloodMoney
01-10-2015, 09:21 PM
I also told her she's not allowed to meet you fucking weirdos.

She married YOU.... How bad can we be in comparison?

Will you bring her, if I promise to get all shitty on moonshine again? I can't promise nuts won't come out, but I sure am funny when I get shitty.

MCcelica
01-11-2015, 08:20 AM
She married YOU.... How bad can we be in comparison?

Will you bring her, if I promise to get all shitty on moonshine again? I can't promise nuts won't come out, but I sure am funny when I get shitty.

You are fucking hilarious when you get shitty. She wouldn't appreciate the nuts thing. I'm sure if she came to a Dragon, she'd try to forbid me to ever go back because of the whole nuts thing.

Shadowlife25
01-11-2015, 11:55 AM
Some folks just don't appreciate things in the vein of testicle related humor.
I guess for some it's easy to get things twisted.

;)

MCcelica
01-11-2015, 07:54 PM
Some folks just don't appreciate things in the vein of testicle related humor.
I guess for some it's easy to get things twisted.

;)

Baby

bloodMoney
01-12-2015, 04:21 AM
You are fucking hilarious when you get shitty. She wouldn't appreciate the nuts thing. I'm sure if she came to a Dragon, she'd try to forbid me to ever go back because of the whole nuts thing.

It's the only time I really get fucked up, so why not do it right?

Shadowlife25
01-12-2015, 04:55 AM
Baby

You know that shit was funny. Two testicle related puns. That was gold son. :P

MCcelica
01-12-2015, 09:15 AM
You know that shit was funny. Two testicle related puns. That was gold son. :P

So was the "baby". I use "baby" in place of "That's what SHE said". Makes two testicle related puns even better. ;)

Shadowlife25
01-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Hehehe :D

Luni
01-13-2015, 06:20 PM
I enjoy taking my family with me on vacation and including them in things I enjoy.

Plus you get to go without her because she won't go, not that she lets you go without here.

Youre so full of shit its funny. You cant sit back and say youd rather have your wife with you than not. Cause Im pretty sure youd rather her NOT be there. Theres just too much shit for you to get in while shes there. Now Rebecca, Im pretty sure youd have with you, but youd just as soon leave the wife home like most of us here would.

Luni
01-13-2015, 06:21 PM

Wait. So you havent told her how much of a fucking faggot you really are?

MCcelica
01-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Wait. So you havent told her how much of a fucking faggot you really are?

Oh she knows. She's met my Marine buddies. :)

bloodMoney
01-14-2015, 03:32 PM
youd just as soon leave the wife home like most of us here would.

I like how you kept yourself out of trouble with "most". ;)

METDeath
01-17-2015, 04:45 PM

I think he was talking about Cappy.

Luni
01-19-2015, 03:05 AM

Nope Chris is definitely one of em. I shouldnt have said "us". Id take Emily to the Dragon. Chris and Stacy met her. They know she could hang.

METDeath
01-19-2015, 01:36 PM
Nope Chris is definitely one of em. I shouldnt have said "us". Id take Emily to the Dragon. Chris and Stacy met her. They know she could hang.

Oh, she could. If the time I spent with you two frozen in is any indicator.