PDA

View Full Version : mount came lose

drewsifer
11-08-2014, 10:39 PM
so having all kinds of problems with my 93 gts most of them are my own falt the bigest one to got to light is the passinger engin mount is no longer atached to the engin so its leaning and due to this the passinger cv jion blow

so my question is whats the best way to reatach the mount with out removing the engin?
i would post a pic but i am having trubble figgering out how

Galcobar
11-09-2014, 12:07 AM
Photo: host either on an outside website such as photobucket.com, or load it onto Celicatech's gallery and link from there.

To do anything with the engine mount, you'll have to get the engine at least a little elevated. Easiest, though possibly least convenient for working in the bay, would be to use a jack under the oil pan (with a block of wood or rubber in between, of course). That would take the tension off of the mount...

But how is it detached? The bolt attaching the mount and the bracket come loose, did the bracket itself break, did the welds holding the bracket to the engine break?

drewsifer
11-09-2014, 02:56 AM
im hopping that the hardware just came lose and its nuthing more wich would be the simplest to fix and i will try and put up the photo

Luni
11-09-2014, 03:50 AM
There are 2 studs that come out the bottom of that mount that go into holes in the mount bracket on the passenger side. There are 2 nuts that thread on from the bottom that hold them. And then theres one main bolt that goes through the middle of the mount to the body.

Where did it detach? From the bottom or from the body? Most likely youll just need to jack the engine up to the correct elevation and replace the bolt/nuts. Unless theyre stripped. Then you need a new mount.

Trd-021
11-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Got a photo ?