PDA

View Full Version : looking for front clip

kansasboy
11-01-2014, 05:05 AM
does anyone know a good site to find front clips? ive been looking at the 3sgte swap and i dont wanna deal with wiring, cause i suck when it comes down to that. so i was wondering about doing a front clip swap. then i get the liberty of having a RHD car.. i believe i would need the GT- four clip..?? if anything i just want the all trac clip to make it simpler..

any help is much appreciated

Shadowlife25
11-04-2014, 11:00 PM
GT4, Carlos Sainz, RC = Overseas variants of the same car.
Celica AllTrac = USA model (only about 1,563 were imported to the US)

You won't get anything to do a RHD conversion unless you buy an entire car.
Most importers sell things from them piecemeal to maximize profit.
That is also why many times you will not get everything you need.

Find an importer that is local to you so that you can inspect everything in person and make sure that you get everything you are paying for and need.
Also, expect to spend a large chunk of money on just this part of things.
After you get the stuff, you will still need to do wiring work, body modification to swap to RHD, teardown and reseal/rebuild of the engine, purchase new things like water pump, timing belt and associated gear...

There is a LOT that goes into what you are wanting to do.
I will again suggest that you check my signature for swap related questions so that you can see that there are simpler and more cost effective methods of doing this that will still make you quite happy.

The Captain
11-05-2014, 06:27 PM
http://www.nadauto.com/autoparts.aspx?type=front%20clips

Where I bought mine.

4thgenceli
11-05-2014, 06:51 PM
www.venus-auto.com

That's where I bought my motor. They sell clips also.

Shadowlife25
11-06-2014, 01:39 AM
Venus is kind of shitty though Tim. I bought my engine from them also and they never gave me the ECU or MAF.
But yeah, they do in general, tend to have engines in reasonable condition.

4thgenceli
11-06-2014, 01:52 AM
I didn't have any issues with them. Some of the stuff was damaged when I got it (intercooler and some broken pieces) and they shipped me new ones within a couple weeks.