PDA

View Full Version : Mintest 5th gen ever!

90ToyAllTrac
10-15-2014, 08:49 PM
I just saw a 5th gen celica that literally looked like it just rolled out of the factory. GT badged hatchback. Paint was as smooth as glass, no sign of age whatsoever. Even the glass looked new and up here scraping ice all the time shouldn't be that cherry. And I could swear it had 5 bolt All Trac wheels! Did any years of 5 gen have 5 bolt? Besides All Trac of course. So either it was PROfessionally restored and spindles modded OR it would litterally have to been garaged every night of its life and spindles modded. Grandma car. I know its possible because my second car 22 years ago was a cherry 86 prelude grandmas car. But its been decades since ive seen such an old worthless car look so cherry. Kinda gets ya right here. Now Im all veklempt. :) It passed me walking on the street so couldn't get a pic.

METDeath
10-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Only the 90/91 ST had 4x100 lug, all others had 5x100, they could have bought the wheels used, or even gone so far as to buy them from the dealer. When my first 91 was clean most people asked me if the car had been repainted, to my knowledge it was factory paint and only had 54k on it when I bought it.

Murgatroy
10-15-2014, 08:54 PM
I have ridden in the mintest 5th Gen ever, and it isn't up north, it is in the ATL.

The '90-91 ST was the ONLY 5th Gens that DIDN'T have five lug. All GT, GT-S and Alltracs had five lug, and ALL Celicas had them from `92 on.

Murgatroy
10-15-2014, 09:00 PM
And to back up what Marshall said, before he totalled his coupe, it could easily have been the second cleanest Celica I had ever seen. If it hadn't been an automatic, so it is automatically disqualified.

See what I did there?

METDeath
10-15-2014, 09:03 PM
See what I did there?

I did, and automatically agree with you. I will at some point swap this car over after I have a garage and a second vehicle.

Murgatroy
10-15-2014, 09:11 PM
All three of my Celicas have been five speed, and two of them started out as automatics.

And Monday, all three of them will be together again.

And it shall be glorious.

Nitro_Alltrac
10-16-2014, 10:50 AM
Amen brother!

90ToyAllTrac
10-16-2014, 08:30 PM
That makes sense. Most of the 5 gens around here are ST's. So never got a good look at a 5th gen GT wheel lugs. I have 4 manual and 1 automatic. 69 Mustang. :) Crazy eh?

I love my 6 gen GT. 6 gen is quite rare here. Since the quarters are gone and 210k miles I thought of looking for a nicer 6 gen to buy but the closest one that even had an engine in it was 7 hour drive away. It looked in mint condition, super low miles and the A hole was asking $6,500 for a 94. Pisses me off.

I always thought it would be cool to do a Mirth Mobile project. I found a perfect 76 Pacer in great condition. He was asking like $7,500. What an idiot. Whats even scarier is he probably found someone to pay it. Yeah I know market will bare.