PDA

View Full Version : Key

MCcelica
10-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Can you source a key for VIN JTDDY32TXY0012090?

How much for two?

What would you require for verification?

FrunkMonkey
10-13-2014, 04:29 PM
I can get those, no problem. We do not ship cut keys, I can send the blanks and you can get them cut locally.

90999-00199 KEY, MAST 9.04ea.

-Tracy

MCcelica
10-14-2014, 04:00 AM
Mmm. Yeah, let me check around and see if I can just get 'em cut locally. Mine is worn down and now it's fighting me to come out of the ignition. Lol

VavAlephVav
10-19-2014, 04:09 AM
Toyota dealer is where you go to get em cut from the VIN. they'll just want to see proof that you own the car like a insurance card.

MCcelica
10-19-2014, 05:48 PM
I know. Lithia Toyota (The forum that we're in) is a dealer. Frunk up there is the rep from there. If what I'm doing requires a dealer, I always try to go through them first since they help keep the lights on here.

Please keep an eye on which forum you're in. Thanks.

VavAlephVav
10-21-2014, 04:36 AM
If you were buying parts it'd be one thing, but in this case all I've done is expand upon what the dude told ya. In order to have a key made you have to be there in person with ID and proof that you own the car for them to make any keys. Otherwise anybody could steal a car just by knowing the VIN.

MCcelica
10-21-2014, 11:51 AM
If you were buying parts it'd be one thing, but in this case all I've done is expand upon what the dude told ya. In order to have a key made you have to be there in person with ID and proof that you own the car for them to make any keys. Otherwise anybody could steal a car just by knowing the VIN.

Hence why I asked what he would need for verification, as he may have been able to work something that I didn't know about before. Since we've done at least $6,000 of business in the past, it never hurts to give it a go. His response was more than sufficient and did not require further input. I've been doing this for a while now.

I'm not trying to be a dick, and I also know that you were just trying to be helpful, but this is not the general discussion forum, nor is it the maintenance/troubleshooting forum. Those are two of the places where other input is accepted. Vendor forums are much more strict.

Thanks again, and we'll move along.

MCcelica
10-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Closing the thread now, for... some fancy word that I can't think of.