PDA

View Full Version : Animated GIFs

90ToyAllTrac
09-24-2014, 08:26 PM
I know that only moderators or whatever are allowed to use animated avatars, users cant even link to a GIF for avatar?

So i was trying to put an animated GIF in my signature using IMG tags but that doesn't wanna work either, inside or outside the SIGPIC tags. Is this intended or is me doing it wong? :)

I see that other users have animated GIFs in their signature. So hows it done eh?

Thanks,
already checked here. http://www.celicatech.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_signatures_av atars

Murgatroy
09-24-2014, 09:19 PM
Is the GIF saved to the local server?

To be honest though, GIFS bother me to no end, avatar or signature, and while it is not disallowed, I do find it in bad form. It can cause slow loading on a bad connection, and a lot of folks are annoyed by movement on their screen.

90ToyAllTrac
09-25-2014, 10:21 PM
I was trying to link it. I didnt think it would play from CTech. Spose Ill try that. Yes on a form where EVERYONE has a GIF avatar in a thread or of course and animated GIF thread its always going to load slow. But Ive never seen it abused here so ...

Murgatroy
09-26-2014, 05:22 AM
For another reason, I went and looked.

GIFS are turned off for avatars and uploads for non-staff members.

So, no, you can't use them.

CriScO
09-26-2014, 05:29 AM
Hmm, so I can? Gears working... Lol!

david in germany
09-27-2014, 07:19 AM
Hmm, so I can? Gears working... Lol!

You need to have some gears for them to work. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MCcelica
09-27-2014, 07:22 AM
Chris has mistaken gears for "lakes of oil in the back seat".

Shadowlife25
09-28-2014, 12:50 AM
Chris has mistaken gears for "lakes of oil in the back seat".

Bwahahahaha! I was there for that. :D

Shit was pretty hilarious though. Even if it turns out that it was just a bad coupler on the gauge pressure line.
Had to be at least 5_quarts swimming around back there.

Murgatroy
09-29-2014, 07:54 PM
Uh, hey Murg, what oil lines would be running to the back of the car?

The Celica Valdez sitting in my parking lot...

90ToyAllTrac
09-29-2014, 09:12 PM
So how do users like Gimmythereaper have animated GIF in their signature? I've tried several different ways including looking at source code but can't figure it out. Sourcecode on his posts doesnt link the pic outside it says its on CTech!! He's not a moderator or whatever so how does his work?? I'd be happy linking it from somewhere else but cant figure it out. The option to link a sig pic in user settings does nothing.

I got so frustrated every time I wanted to post a youtube here I saved an example of how to do it in a file that I have accessible from anywhere. Ugh.

Murgatroy
09-29-2014, 09:29 PM
Most likely he is grandfathered in and had that as his signature before the permissions were changed.

The GIF is saved as his sig pic, and he is using the sig pic tags.