PDA

View Full Version : Parrot MKi 9100 unit into 2007 Honda Accord V6-6sp :)

Shadowlife25
09-23-2014, 04:34 AM
Still trying to finish the install, but thusfar, I got the correct harness from Amazon for the car (it was $35 shipped instead of $55 :O )and finally got the Parrot MKi 9100 unit installed behind the dash and connected up.

Findings so far are that the little remote control unit is incredibly sensitive to battery level (CR2032 3V cell). A battery with a lower charge will not register or pair with the main control unit, even if it works in other things. So I purchased a new cell at the grocery store and the pairing process was incredibly fast and painless.

I did need to follow a write-up on a 7th Gen Honda user board to figure out the order of removal for the center dash parts.
I also made sure that prior to starting, I had on hand the code for the factory stereo unit.
** NOTE
To enter the code, you use the tuner knob for the radio controls, but the code itself is only displayed in the little top of dash display that usually shows teperature and radio station tuning info.
The code itself is numeric and for each correct character (4 of them) it will put up a letter. If done correctly, when all 4 numbers are entered it should say CODE. You will then hear a beep and the stereo controls will be operational again.

I did connect the dual microphone as well as the control unit display (2 line) and the multi-connector for iPod/USB/Aux.
I was able, after pairing the remote, to pair my telephone for calls which seemed to go smoothly.
As of this posting, I am unable to make use of Bluetooth streaming via my Nexus 5. The company says it is supported, but I think there is an issue with the phone itself that is preventing proper operation.
The Auxiliary connector works perfectly and you can adjust volume and control playback from the Parrot control unit which is incredibly useful and functions flawlessly.
I have not tried to make use of the iPod connector since mine died long ago. No real desire to try it with the iPhone as I would again have to let Apple touch my music which has only ever gone badly for me in the past. It will likely just be an unused connector.

Still to do:

Verify operation of USB input for music.
Figure out how to remove headliner and install microphone.
Figure out a non-intrusive method of mounting the controller and display for the Parrot unit.
(Non-intrusive taken to mean that I don't want wires hanging about but I also refuse to drill into anything on the otherwise showroom perfect car.)

So that is where things stand at the moment. Not bad for a little tinkering in spare time over the weekend! :)

Now to figure out how to add a subwoofer to the retarded stereo setup in this car.... :lolhittin:

Murgatroy
09-23-2014, 04:42 AM
Install the mic in the sun visor. Should be easier than pulling the head
liner.

Shadowlife25
09-23-2014, 04:58 AM
I thought about that already and it was my favored plan but I still need to pull the side curtain airbag and the headliner to hide the wire.

METDeath
09-23-2014, 12:26 PM
Fuck safety features, it's not like you use them every day anyway.

david in germany
09-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Mario, I found the original box yesterday :hehe:

Glad it is working brother! I think I warned you about the battery. :)

Luni
09-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Youre a cunt.

Shadowlife25
09-23-2014, 10:17 PM
Mario, I found the original box yesterday :hehe:

Glad it is working brother! I think I warned you about the battery. :)

I must have missed it. LOL I tried pairing that fuckin' thing for 30 minutes yesterday! Ignition ON...try to pair... no dice. Ignition OFF, wait for goodbye message... rinse, repeat. :headbang:

Did a bit of reading and found that if the remote battery is low that it will not be responsive at all, no matter the distance to the receiver.

Anyhow, I decided to post the experience for posterity. :)

Shadowlife25
09-23-2014, 10:18 PM
Youre a cunt.

Shadowlife25
09-23-2014, 10:22 PM
Fuck safety features, it's not like you use them every day anyway.

I'm not going to remove them, heh. I just need to hide the stupid wire for the mic on this thing. Unfortunately the trim pieces all have about an 1/8" gap between them and the windshield glass.