PDA

View Full Version : 3sgte harness sw20 to st184

Huaraches
09-20-2014, 08:20 PM
I came across an issue that is interfering with my project. Many people on the forum have done a 3sgte swap into an N/A 5s-fe 5th gen. I am doing a swap from a jdm sw20 and have gathered documents for ecu pin outs but my issue is that the 22 pin plug is keeping me from doing my project. My N/A 5s-fe 5th gen celica GT has a 14 pin plug and of course it does not fit. theres 13 wires in it witch is the same amount my jdm ecu (89661-20751) needs but with a diff plug of course.

Nitro_Alltrac
09-21-2014, 02:52 AM
Did the new engine not come with the harness?

If not, Dr. Tweak has the plug.

http://www.tweakdperformance.com/onlinestore/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2

You said you've got the pinouts right? If you need to double check the ones you've got or comparison something, the 3S pins for everything from the 165 through the 205, including multiple years of MR2's are posted in the Useful Knowledge subforum in the All Trac section here.

http://www.celicatech.com/forums/showthread.php?54568-3SGTE-ECU-Pinout-Diagrams

Huaraches
09-21-2014, 05:27 AM
I managed to get the plug at the junk yard of a lexus and when i was doing research a while back i came across that picture along with others but now im looking for the 5sfe pinout diagram because some pins dont correspond or dont even exist.

Huaraches
09-21-2014, 04:55 PM
What ive done so far is gathered diagrams of the st185 for my ecu pins witch is a JDM ecu and also have the diagrams for the sw20 also the 5sfe.. i got a 22 pin plug for the body harness. made it that far now i noticed that the body harness doesnt have a few oins that the 22 pin calls for now my concern is those that matter?

Huaraches
10-18-2014, 02:17 AM
well if anyone wants to save money on the 22 harness plug go to the junkyard and find a car with a 3mz i got mine of a lexus and cut the rest of the plugs too so you have extra pins laying around. i had to unpin some and its not that hard but u need a thin tool and sometimes u can mess up the pin and thats why take the extra plugs.