PDA

View Full Version : Repealing the 25-year import law, sign the petition!

Physlis
08-31-2014, 06:18 PM
I'll let the author of the article put the point eloquently, I just want to lift the ban.

Here's the link to the article (http://www.petrolicious.com/petrolisti-unite-time-to-rewrite-a-foolish-law?utm_content=bufferda82a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer), the link for the petition is at the bottom.

Let's get those 205's in the states!

Car_Barn_Bandit
08-31-2014, 06:49 PM
Whitehouse.gov petitions are little more than list generators for groups of people.

If you want the ban lifted, an appeal to a state assembly member, congressman, or Senator would go further. Organize some people, make a plea, and get a bill written for the Transportation or Trade committee.

Or break the law, and use the justice system to appeal the ban as unconstitutional toward free-trade and your right to manufactured goods.

I just found a loophole and imported my Canadian model vehicle. I don't have the time or resources to fight protectionist lobbies that have strangled America's free-trade system.

gte
09-02-2014, 08:12 PM
x2 (although I will sign the petition)

ps - Fuck you Mercedes Benz!

90GT2
09-03-2014, 01:25 AM
I just found a loophole and imported my Canadian model vehicle
Just curious what was the vehicle?

Car_Barn_Bandit
09-03-2014, 03:52 AM
Just curious what was the vehicle?

It's my 91' Celica GTS. It required a factory installed Airbag system because that was what was mandated on USDM models in that year.

hobbie2k
09-10-2014, 12:17 PM
I thought airbags weren't required till '95. My '94 240SX didn't have an airbag (stock wheel).

90GT2
09-10-2014, 04:08 PM
I also just imported my Canadian spec 90 alltrac into the US without any issue and it never came with airbags, my compliance letter from toyota even stated that. I guess I just got lucky and had a border agent that didnt care.